Delicate Matter is one of the additional cases in The Sinking City. You can take it from Throgmorton after completing the main investigation called Lost At Sea - when you chat with him, he will ask you for a favor. It will be a side event to find information about what happened to Herbert Glover.
House of the missing person is located in the center of Oldgrove district, on the Goldbridge Road, at the intersection with the Windhalf Avenue.
Once you enter the building, start searching for clues:
- on the ground floor by the fireplace you will find an old newspaper,
- near, on the same table - envelopes,
- at the table you will find a statue without a head - bring the missing part from the desk in the basement and place it on the statue.
Now, move to the first floor:
- Your will see a body of the landlord - examine his corpse.
- In the hallway you will find a crumpled sheet of paper on the dresser - read the content,
- examine the lack of a mirror above this chest of drawers,
- examine the painting on the opposite wall,
- inspect the mirror with traces of bullets in the next room...
- ... and opened safe.
- the last trace is the use of Mind's Eye on a desk in the same room.
Now it's time to reconstruct events. If you've researched enough clues, the blue cloud will appear on the first floor, near the dead man. Correct order of events:
- the men in the hallway are examining the mirror,
- the attackers go to the office at the end of the hallway,
- Glover escapes and is killed where the body lies.
After this reconstruction, the task does not end. You know your objective is to steal the mirror. Look for information at the police station.
Select search options:
- Evidence: The Art Collector's Demise,
- Crimes: Property Crimes,
- Subject: Suspect,
- District: Oldgrove.
The information found will indicate your objective: Philip "Squint" O'Connel, who lives in the Salvation Harbor, at the corner of Moorland and Salvation Road.
Get inside the building. You will find only a few harmless monsters. You'll find a corpse upstairs that has to be examined. After the initial examination, re-examine the body with the Mind's Eye and check the knife. Then, with active senses, check out the wall on the left where you will find a man hidden behind it.
To conduct a full investigation and earn extra points of experience, inspect the bottle with Mind's Eye on the table and go down to the ground floor to examine some stuff in the kitchen:
- meat on the table,
- letter from the morgue,
- photo under the sink (Mind's Eye will guide you to this place; destroy the boards with a melee hit).
At the end, return to Throgmorton and you will complete your mission. Also, he will give you another task: Through the Looking Glass.