On this page of The Sinking City game guide you will find the description of the walkthrough of the Lost At Sea main case. It's about finding the missing members of an expedition. Reed will first have to explore the headquarters of the expedition in the city, and then go to where the members of the expedition studied the depths. This will allow you to find an underwater cave. At the end of the investigation, you will have an important choice to make.
- Hotel - first visit
- Search and study the expedition headquarters
- Use the Okakmont archives
- Pier number 3
- Lokking for and questioning Sanders
- Preparing to dive
- Reaching a dive site
- Walking on the bottom
- Explore caves
- Report back to Throgmorton
Hotel - first visit
This case starts automatically after the Lost at Sea investigation. You immediately receive two pieces of evidence - The Lost Expedition and The Key to the Headquarters. The exit from Oakmont City Port is next to the "Under the Keel" Bar. A cutscene will be initiated. After it, you will go to the Devil's Reef Hotel) in Coverside.
Look around Reed's hotel room that you rent:
- A badge lies on the table.
- Next to the mirror, there is a photo of sailors.
- Also next to the mirror is Reed's diary. You will open the first log entry (My Diary, Part One).
- Put a bottle of Laudanum next to the bed - look at its label.
- Wardrobe allows you to change the outfit . Currently there is only one alternative outfit - Wind Coat. New outfits do not change the character's stats.
- There is the Crumpled Letter on the wall.
- When leaving the room you will find the Note from J. van der Berg.
In addition, you can explore the selected other rooms of the hotel. You will find:
- 3 containers with some loot.
- Notes about nightmares (The Nightmares).
- Note from the owner (Keep It Down).
- Map with marked points (Too Many Coincidences).
On the ground floor, talk to the hotel owner who complained about the noise. Conversation with this character opens a secondary investigation - Letters from Oakmont.
On the ground floor of the hotel you can find:
- Note About the Hobo Signs.
- A chest with minor loot.
- A note To My Dear Nephew.
After settling all issues, leave the hotel.
Search and study the expedition headquarters
Your current goal is the expedition headquarters but you do not know its exact address. Information about it is contained in the description of the Missing Expedition evidence. You have to get to the Northern part of Coverside, to the intersection of Asher road and Hubert Avenue. This is an area short distance North-East of the Oakmont Police Department.
Expedition Headquarters in the screenshot above. You can't get there right away because the road crosses the flooded streets of the city. Do not jump into the water, just use any boat to swim to the neighboring region.
Use the key to open the door and start your investigation:
- Look at the shoe print on the kicked out door.
- Take a book about diving (Dangers of Diving).
- Look at the papers on the floor.
- Look at the knocked over red object.
- Search the suitcase with the minor loot.
- Find the newspaper on the upper floor (H. Dough, Anthropologist).
- Examine the stone on the upper floor - the eye icon will appear on its green part.
- On the upper floor, check the Fishermen Reports.
- On the top floor, look at the map of Cape Cod.
- On the second floor search 2 boxes with a minor loot.
- On upper floor, find the How to Protect? note on the desk.
- On the second floor look at the shells in a wooden box.
- Find the illusion on the ground floor by the stairs and the red anchor. You must turn on the Mind's Eye. Illusion is shown in the screenshot. Once all the symbols converge, "the wall will disappear."
Go to the secret area and go down to the basement. Beware of one enemy with a weapon, try shooting him down fast. Continue the exploration:
- Find Partially Burned Cargo Manifest.
- Search the chest with minor loot.
- Inspect the helmet and carefully examine its cracked visor.
Go back upstairs. You have to perform a new retrocognition, so step into the blue cloud and visit all the places marked by the game. Correct sequence of events:
- The door is kicked in.
- The main room is plundered.
- The passage to the basement.
- Burning documents in the basement.
You will find that several people broke into the building in order to plunder it and set fire to the documents (The Pillaged Headquarters). You should complete this location in 100% by now.
Open the Mind Palace. Connect clues Cargo Manifest) and Burned Documents - you unlock deduction Burned Newspapers .
Use the Okakmont archives
The next step can be quite troublesome, for you have to determine which ship did the expedition members use to go to sea. You will do this by finding an advertisement of the ship for rent. You must go to the Oakmont Chronicle headquarters. The headquarters of the newspaper is located in the Western part of Coverside and is always visible on the map.
When you arrive, you should first talk to Helen Bland. She recognizes Reed, and you can agree to give her an interview. You unlock the Special Edition! trophy! (Extra! Extra!).
Go to the archive in the building of the local newspaper and interact with it. This is another new kind of activity. Your task is to select the correct piece of evidence for analysis and then determine the three correct search criteria.
For the needs of this puzzle:
- Select Burned Newspapers as a document, which is associated with the search.
- Select Section and then Advertisements.
- Select section District and then Grimhaven Bay.
- Select section Period and then After the Flood.
The correct setting is shown in the screenshot. You will find Ship Freight Advertisement.
Pier number 3
The purpose of the trip is Pier 3 in the Oakmont City Port. You have to go back to the Oakmont City Port in Grimhaven Bay, so use the boat (also try to constantly discover new points of fast travel).
Screenshot showing the destination. After reaching the Pier Number 3 start by talking with a man from the booth at the entrance to this location. Exhaust all dialogue options, and you will learn about Sea Creatures.
After coming to a new place, be careful, because in this area you will meet a few small monsters. Try to deal with them all. There are minor loot containers in the area with which you can make ammunition for one of your guns (pistol / revolver) if necessary. You may also encounter ready-made ammunition.
After you secure the perimeter, explore it. You can find on the pier :
- Revolver in a pool of blood - inspect its clip, and you determine that it was emptied.
- The body of a shot man.
- The corpses eaten by monsters.
- Corpse impaled with axes.
Go on board the ship and find more tracks:
- Alcohol on the table.
- Time-Charter Contract in the cabin.
- The artifact lying on the table - look around his head.
- Map Of Cape Cod.
Leave the deck and get to the blue cloud to start a new retrocognition. Discover all of these areas. Correct sequence of events:
- Quarrel on Board ship.
- Fight with the use of an axe on the pier.
- The man who shot at the pier.
You will establish (Events on the Titania) that the crew of the ship went crazy and that one crew member managed to escape.
Go back after that to the man in the booth and tell him that the pier is safe. Ask him about Sanders, and you'll learn that he escaped. You will complete this location in 100%.
Lokking for and questioning Sanders
Open the Mind Palace. Connect the clues The wounded sailor and Sanders has fled - you unlock deduction Wounded Sanders.
The next step is not an obvious one. You need to think about where the wounded Sanders could go - the answer to this question is the Hospital of St. Mary) in Coverside. Take another boat trip to get there.
Upon arrival, talk to Dr. Grant at the front Desk. You can additionally agree to participate in experimental therapy and unlock the First, Do No Harm trophy. Optionally, you can start the Field Research side investigation. For the purpose of the current investigation, ask the doctor about patients with an axe wound.
You have to go to the archive room and proceed to the already known kind of puzzle.
- As a document for analysis, select Wounded Sanders.
- Select Subjects and then Patients.
- Select section Period and then After the Flood.
- Select section Department and then Surgery.
The correct setting is shown in the screenshot. You will find files title Grimhaven Bay, wounded. The person of interest to you from this document will be Joseph Willow.
Go to hospital level 3. The wanted captain Sanders. Ask him all possible questions. You unlock the Captain Sanders' Evidence and the Diving Suit Factory location.
Open the Mind Palace. Connect the clues The crazy crew and The wounded sailor. You unlock the deduction The Titania Incident.
Preparing to dive
You will get two new goals. The first is to find the logbook. It's simple. Go downstairs to hospital level 0. Ship's Log - Titania will be on one of the shelves in the storage room. In addition, you will unlock the Expedition Anchor Point. You completed hospital in 100%.
The second new goal is to purchase diving equipment. It is necessary to analyze one of the latest evidence to find the Diving Suit Factory. It is located at Grimhaven Bay. You have to get to C. Smith Avenue in the Western part of the district. In particular, we are talking about the fragment between Levi Coffin Avenue and Deepshore Road. Screenshot with factory location
You have to get to the factory by boat and dock next to it (image above) as all the surrounding streets are flooded. Expect encountering small monsters inside the factory. Explore the factory after securing the perimeter. Here, you can find:
- Ammunition and materials for crafting.
- 4 boxes with minor loot.
- Two unusable suits.
- Diving Suit from the office upstairs - it can be used for diving.
In addition to the costume you get the Harpoon Gun and the Flare Gun. At this point, you should have completed this location in 100%.
Reaching a dive site
You need to get back to Pier N3 in Grimhaven Bay. Boat to Devil's Teeth has appeared there - the small boat docked next to the previously investigated ship.
After interacting with the boat, you are moved immediately to the Devil's Teeth. Follow the linear path to the place where you can use the hook and dive.
Walking on the bottom
Once you reach the bottom, you have to move from one lamp to another. The hero has flares but you don't need to throw them. The lamps are always visible in the distance. On the way, inspect the stone with grooves. Reach the edge and jump to the lower part of the bottom.
You will find a weapon. Pick it up and place it in the same way as in the picture above. Activate the Mind's Eye to see the past.
Watch out in the place from the picture. A monster's tentacles will appear there. Use the harpoon (select it from the drop-down menu) to wound the creature and then quickly move to this place.
Head towards the light. This is the entrance to the underwater cave - you can explore it after removing the suit.
In the cave, you will find living and dead sailors. Careful exploration is advised:
- Examine green boxes with tools.
- Try talking to 2 mad sailors.
- Check the damaged suits belonging to the expedition members.
- Examine and photograph the body of the Innsmouther Attacker with a ritual knife. The perfect frame for the picture is presented in picture 1.
- Look for a tripod near the abyss. Take out the camera and find the Prehistoric Statue Photo shown in picture 2.
Talk to the sailor at the altar. You can immediately open the Palace Mind.
- Connect clues - Mad scientists and Madness emanates from the scientists. The game will show two possible deductions - you can Save the survivors or Abandon the survivors. This is not the final choice - you will decide about their fate at the end of this case.
- Connect clues - Mad scientists and Albert's saviors - this unlocks Madness on the Titania deduction.
- Discover the new deduction marked with question marks - Albert was the source of this madness.
Stay close to the altar. Examine it and use the Mind's Eye. You will see a vision of a woman holding an artifact. This is a new postcognition. Go to the blue fog and discover all the interactive points. The correct sequence of events:
- Preparation for the ambush (farthest from the altar).
- Taking the seal from the altar.
- Fight and escape with the stolen seal (artifact).
You determine that the expedition found an artifact - Seal. A group of Innsmouthers attacked the members of the expedition (The Innsmouthers' Attack), kidnapped them and stole the seal. After that, the cave should be explored 100%.
Open the Palace Mind. Connect clues - Burned documents and The underwater artifact. You unlock a new deduction - The Innsmouthers plot. Select the last question marks from the Palace Mind screen (see the picture) to unlock Save the survivors or Abandon the survivors deduction. Return to the suit to get to the surface.
Report back to Throgmorton
The hero will again be moved to the Devil's Reef Hotel. Take the opportunity to unlock the second log entry (My Diary, Part Two). Now, you have to go to the Throgmorton Manor, located in the southern end of the Oldgrove district. The location is now visible on the map.
As soon as you enter the estate, start a conversation with Robert Throgmorton. You have to make another choice. You can choose from two options:
- Say Throgmorton that "Your expedition needs help". This comes with the risk that the madness may spread further.
- Lie by saying that "The expedition members died". These people will not be saved, but the madness won't spread further.
Regardless of which option you choose, the case is over and you will get rewards - XP, ammo, hand grenade, foot trap.
The game starts a new main case - Quid Pro Quo. In addition, you can start a new side case - A Delicate Matter.