On this page of the guide for The Sinking City you will find Frosty Welcome (the first main case) walkthrough. This is the first big investigation you do after the start of a new game. Reed will meet Robert Throgmorton for the first time, and then he will explore the city Harbor in search of his son Albert. At the end of the investigation there will be the first important decision to make.
- The ship - the beginning of the game
- Johannes van der Berg Robert Throgmorton - first meeting
- Fisherman's House
- Finding Albert Throgmorton - investigation and warehouse
- Find Lewis at the bar
- Report to Robert - an important choice
The ship - the beginning of the game
You start the game on board "Charon" Ship, which landed at the Oakmont City-Port. Engage in a thorough exloration of the cabin:
- Take the Folding Camera.
- Take the Letter from J. van der Berg.
- Pick up the Pistol and watch its handle (the "eye" icon and the related comment of the hero). Add pistol and ammo to the inventory.
- Search the locker in the cabin (with each such activity you will get a small portion loot, for example, materials for crafting).
- Call the drop-down inventory menu, select the camera, and take a Photo of a trophy plate. The photo will only be taken if white frames appear - examples of the right place to take photos shows the image.
- Look at the advertisement lying on the table.
By performing all of these actions, the cabin will be explored in 100%, and you will receive experience points.
Johannes van der Berg Robert Throgmorton - first meeting
Get off the deck and talk to Johannes van der Berg, who was waiting for Reed. Exhaust all available dialog options. You will learn about the need to find Robert Throgmorton and you will receive the Hotel Room Key.
Get off the pier and head towards the port. Go straight and turn a little to the right. You will reach Fisherman's House, which is a crime scene. Talk to Robert Throgmorton. You will learn about the need to find his son Albert (Robert's Request).
Enter the Fisherman's House, and begin to explore it:
- Look at the dog Mat.
- Search the locker with a little loot.
- Look at the open book next to the lamp.
- On the upper floor, start by looking at the knocked over piece of furniture.
- Interrogate Will Hammond-exhaust all dialogue options. You will receive Will Hammond's Testimony.
- Look at the blood on the floor.
- Look at the body of the beaten man.
- Look at the poster on the wall.
- Look at the poker table.
- Search the chest with minor loot.
- Look at the miniature model train.
- Look at the knife lying on the table - the eye icon appears on its blade.
- Look at the box of bottles of alcohol.
- Investigate the family photos.
- Investigate the round object lying on the bed. Use the Mind's Eye for the first time. Rotate the item in question to place it in the position of the above image. Then hold the interaction button, to look at the picture from the past - it's a levitating person.
Finding Albert Throgmorton - investigation and warehouse
For the first time now you have to help yourself with Retrocognition. Immerse yourself in the blue area that appeared on the second floor of the house. You should start by approaching three interactive areas. Each of them will include a short scene.
The next step is to determine the chronological order of the scenes. More digits (1, 2, 3) will appear when interacting with them. Start from the scene in the middle of the building and finish with the one by the hole in one of the walls. You will get proof of a House Fight and you will come to the conclusion that Albert was not himself after waking up. The man attacked the fishermen and then fled after suffering injuries. The fishermen's house was investigated in 100%.
Another novelty is the use of the Mind Palace for the first time, so you can combine the clues into pairs and unlock new deductions. In some cases, there will be several possible different connections to arrive at the same conclusions. You may, but do not have to, use advice from our guide to move the investigation forward.
The mind Palace is one of the tabs in the pause menu. Start to choose clues from it.
- Connect clues Albert attacked the fishermen and Albert returned unstable - you unlock deduction Albert Throgmorton was dangerous.
- Connect the clues Albert returned unstable and Sudden Psychotic Outbreak - you unlock deduction Albert spread hysteria around him.
- Connect the clues, Albert escaped when wounded and one fisherman is missing - you unlock deduction I can track down Albert.
- Connect the clues, Albert fled when wounded and Throgmorton-Innsmouther feud - you unlock deduction Anti-Throgmorton sentiment.
The next new element of the game's mechanics is Following the Omens. You need to start by turning on the Mind's Eye. In this particular case, you will follow the silhouette symbolizing the figure of Running albert.
Don't try to jump out of the building or you'll get hurt. Go back to the first floor, exit the house and find the signs. Follow them. First, you will be taken to the red area (image above). Examine the lower part of one of the truncated, and you will find that the fishermen were chasing Albert.
You can immediately re-enable the Mind Palace. Connect the clues, Albert fled when wounded and Lewis pursued Albert. You unlock deduction Lewis may have wanted Albert dead.
Continue to follow the omens / Albert's silhouette. Along the way, examine the imprint of a bloody hand on the chests. Get on the same crates.
The purpose of the trip is highlighted in the above image of the Warehouse - it is located to the East of the Fisherman's House.
You should start researching the journal:
- Search the trunk and the suitcase with some loot.
- Check the blood trail by the entrance to the basement.
- Examine the Torn piece of jacket by the entrance to the basement. Look into the pocket and you will find a Blood-stained note.
- In the basement, search the locker with some loot.
In the basement you will find a locked door. Do not waste bullets, just go to the door and perform a melee weapon attack (you have it from the beginning of the game) to destroy the padlock. There's a little monster in the new room. You can use firearms (try not to miss, because each bullet is valuable in the game) or use melee weapons again, although in the latter case there is a risk of injury.
Continue the research. In the new room in the basement look at the hanging corpse of the murdered Albert (Albert Was Murdered).
Open the Mind Palace. Connect clues Bar owner is indebted to Lewis and Lewis left the crime scene. You unlock deduction Lewis may be at the bar. As you have explored the warehouse in 100% you can leave this location.
There is another place to explore in this area. Go to the South-West of the fishermen's house, and on the shore you will find Titania Lifeboat Follow these steps:
- Look at the helmet lying in the boat-the eye icon will appear on the visor.
- Take Albert Throgmorton Will from the boat.
- Study the red TITANIA inscription.
After performing all three actions, the location will be explored in 100%.
Find Lewis at the bar
Now you can go back to the fishermen's house and talk to Robert Trogmorton. Tell him about his son's death and Albert's will, BUT we don't advise you to say that the killer was probably Lewis.
It is worth continuing the investigation and therefore you need to visit the local bar ("Under the Keel" Bar) located East of the fishermen's house.
At the entrance to the bar you can meet with a fortune teller and pay her 1 bullet for Fortune teller's Prophecy. This operation unlocks Tempting Fate trophy.
You should talk to the bartender and ask him about Lewis. Choose any dialogue option (refer to debt or suggest problems with the law). In both cases, you will receive the Bartender s Key. In the back of the bar there is a container with some loot.
Go to the second floor and use the key to meet Lewis Flynn. Exhaust all dialogue options, and you will find Lewis Flynn's Testimony. You can make a promise (or not) that you will not tell anyone about his act (picture above), but the right choice is waiting for you in just a second. If you promise Lewis you'll keep the secret, you'll get the bullets.
Open the Mind Palace. Connect clues Albert was murdered and Lewis was affected by hysteria. You have to choose one of two deductions - choose Lewis was mentally affected.
Choose a new lower position from the menu of the Mind Palace (indicated in the screenshot), and you unlock the deduction Lewis was under mental influence.
Report to Robert - an important choice
Go back to Robert Throgmorton for the last time. Now you have a choice to make. You have two basic option:
- Lie, that the murderer is dead. (Lie)). It'll keep Lewis out of trouble. Robert believes in Reed's explanations.
- The Murdered is at the bar. Robert will hunt Lewis to get his revenge.
In both cases, you complete this investigation and get the prize - XP, Revolver, bullets, and Antipsychotics.
Automatically a net main investigation will begin - Lost At Sea.