This chapter contains details about the game's interface. Each of the elements is described separately.
Each of the missions allows you to control heroes. Their portraits are displayed in the upper left corner of the screen.
- 1. Portrait - helps you in giving orders. When a hero is dead, their portrait turns red and informs you how much time you have to revive them.
- 2. Health and focus bars - inform you about your heroes' current health and focus points.
- 3. Quick items - here, you can find three spells from your spellbook, basic healing and focus potions and an additional consumable that you can assign to you character in the equipment menu.
- 4. Switch action group - allows you to change a set of currently selected spells.
- 5. Toggle follow camera - after activating this option the camera will be locked on the main character; can be useful during parts where you control only your heroes.
- 6. Toggle hero highlighting - activates a glow around your heroes which makes them easier to find when they are accompanied by other soldiers.
- 7. Revival charges - allows you to instantly revive a fallen hero.
In addition to that you can also find experience bar (1) displayed on the bottom of the screen and an icon that opens party manager screen (2) - more about that below.
A minimap is displayed in the bottom left corner of the screen. You can use additional filters on it:
- 1. Quest marker - shows you where to complete a given mission.
- 2. Units - marks locations of your and enemy's units.
- 3. Sectors - shows borders of sectors and marks them with a color that corresponds to their owner.
- 4. Buildings - shows locations of your buildings - this option isn't that useful, you can disable it.
- 5. Resources - shows locations of a given resource - useful when you don't know where, e.g. to find stone on the map.
You can enlarge a map by clicking on Show general map (6) - here, you can see how many resources are in a given sector. Toggle economy view (7) is also useful - it allows you to see locations of resources and how many workers are inside of a given building.
Construction menu (1) is displayed in the bottom right corner of the screen. After clicking on it you can see buildings menu (2) from which you can choose which buildings you want to construct. They are divided into three rows that correspond to their levels (3).
After selecting a unit or a building you can see their information which are divided into a few sections:
- 1. Status - current number of health points of a selected unit/building. Also, when it comes to buildings, you can find information about current resources that are kept inside. When you click on a building that produces resources, you can see how much resources can be acquired from a given sector.
- 2. Damage status - type and amount of damage that can be dealt by a given unit or a building. You can also learn about a unit's resistance.
- 3. Status effects - current effects (positive or negative) that were inflicted on a given unit.
- 4. Orders window - here, you can give orders to highlighted units or buildings.
- 5. Highlighted units - here, you can see all highlighted units and heroes. Selecting a unit from this window determines whose stats are displayed in status window.
In addition to that you can also find action groups buttons (6) displayed on the bottom of the screen (marked with numbers 1-0). They allow you to quickly switch between units. To create an action group, select units you want to have in one group and press Ctrl+[number 1-0] (default controls).
The party management screen has elements typical for RPG games, such as:
- 1. Inventory - here, you can find all collected items that you can assign to your heroes. Also, this window displays your heroes' stats.
- 2. Abilities - an ability tree. More about this topic in the chapter dedicated to character creation and progression.
- 3. Spellbook - all available spells and abilities of a given character but also passive bonuses (perks). More about this topic in the chapter dedicated to character creation and progression.
- 4. Quests - all active main and side quests.
- 5. Lexicon - descriptions of races ad units.
6. Switch characters - here, you can switch your currently selected character and, e.g. adjust their gear.