Welcome to the unofficial guide to "Sid Meier's Railroads!". This guide consists of two main chapters. Both of them are equally important. I'd strongly recommend that you familiarize yourself with them. Some of my hints may seem to be quite obvious, especially for the experienced players. "Sid Meier's Railroads" is not a complicated product. This is a very relaxing strategy game, however you will have to remember about several important things in order to succeed. You will have to be using the demand and supply windows. Managing your funds is also very important. My guide should provide a much needed help for those players who are less experienced with these kinds of games. If you haven't played any of the "Railroad Tycoon" games before, then I'm sure that you will find most sections of my guide to be quite helpful. The first chapter of the guide contains a walkthrough of the singleplayer scenarios. There are some challenging goals for you to achieve there. You will have to fulfill these requests in order to win the entire scenario. You should also know that you won't have to stick close to presented tactics. You will be able to do many things on your own. I've tried to help you out with the most important tasks. I'd also recommend that you take a closer look at the second part of my game guide, especially if you're new to these kinds of games. You will learn much about some basic things. They will be necessary to expand your railroad empire properly. Most of these actions have been described in the tutorial section of the game, however it would be best to learn some of these tricks on your own. I've also said a lot about more challenging actions - fighting the competition or taking part in different kids of auctions. Bear in mind, though, that you won't have to remember about all of these things right from the start. Have fun! I hope that my guide will be useful to you.
About Sid Meier's Railroads! Game Guide
Author : Jacek "Stranger" Halas for gamepressure.com
last update : May 5, 2016
Guide contains : 15 pages, 67 images.
Use the comments below to submit your updates and corrections to this guide.
Hot Topics of Sid Meier's Railroads! Game Guide
- Scenario 5 - Great Britain | Game scenarios Railroads Guide.
- Scenario 4 - Northwest U.S. | Game scenarios Railroads Guide.
- Scenario 3 - Midwest U.S. | Game scenarios Railroads Guide.
- Scenario 2 - Northeast U.S. | Game scenarios Railroads Guide.
- Scenario 1 - Southwest U.S. | Game scenarios Railroads Guide.
Sid Meier's Railroads! Video Game
- genre: Strategy
- developer: Firaxis
- publisher: 2K Games
- platform: PC
- rated: PEGI 3+
Sid Meier's Railroads! marks the return of the watershed title in simulation/strategy gaming that launched the popular “tycoon” genre, and inspired a new generation of games. Sid Meier's Railroads! comes home to its original creator, the legendary Sid Meier, who, together with his team at Firaxis Games, will take this game to a whole new level of fun!
The greatest railroad building game of all time is back in a vibrant 3D world delivering exciting multiplayer options, in-game customization tools, streamlined interface and unmatched gameplay, that's easy to learn yet challenging to master. Combining the best of real-world and model railroads, Sid Meier’s Railroads! puts you in charge of building the greatest rail empire in the nation - managing trains, cargo and your bottom line - while engaging in all-out corporate warfare against rival tycoons, slick entrepreneurs, and robber barons!
- Real-time action – lay track, route the trains, and the world comes to life. Cities and industries grow up around you as you service them, hauling raw materials to market and carrying manufactured goods away; Cargos are loaded onto train cars and passengers shuffle between cities.
- Easy to get started – laying track is as easy as clicking and dragging. Bridges, tunnels, railroad stations and switches sprout up automatically where they’re needed.
- Challenging to master – with a new market system that tracks supply and demand and complex random events that can cause a boom or bust at any time, players must stay on their toes at all times or risk obsolescence, financial collapse, or hostile takeover.
- It’s all about the trains! – over 30 trains to use, from the primitive 0-4-0 Planet to the Super powerful 4-6-6-4 Challenger, from the classic diesels to ultra-modern bullet trains.
- LocoBuilder – design your own steam engine from the ground up, and deploy it across your rail empire! Customize your train liveries, from color schemes to custom logos.
- We’ve got the goods – over 20 different goods to harvest, produce, and sell, and 30 unique industries, from lumber mills to war factories, each with detailed, unique animations.
- Scenario and map editor support – enables user-created maps and scenarios. Want to create a race to complete a transcontinental railroad in 30 years using only steam engines? No problem!
- Something for everyone – build your dream train layout in train table mode, or challenge historical giants like Cornelius Vanderbilt, J.P. Morgan, and others in single-player scenarios.
- Multiplayer – Ruthless real-time LAN and Internet play. Buy out your rivals or cash in favors to sabotage their shipments! Whether you prefer heads-up competition or the camaraderie of cooperative team play, you’ll find a fantastic multiplayer experience here.
Sid Meier's Railroads! PC version System Requirements
Recommended: Pentium 4 1.4 GHz, 512 MB RAM, graphic card 64MB (GeForce 3 or better), 2 GB HDD, Windows 2000/XP