This section of the Civilization VI guide describes how long does it take to complete the game. Among other things, you'll learn how long can a single campaign last and how much time do you need to spend to unlock 100% of trophies.
- Providing the exact length of a campaign in a game like Civilization 6 is not possible, as the game is affected by multiple factors. Moreover, this is a kind of game that encourages players to complete it multiple times, e.g. to earn a different type of victory in a campaign or commanding a different nation.
- Completing the campaign for the first time and on normal difficulty level should take around 15-20 hours assuming, you spend some time to familiarize yourself with all tutorials and that the campaign doesn't finish after a civilization controlled by the AI wins.
- Increasing the difficulty level, extending the campaign time, and selecting a larger world map might extend the playthrough time significantly. You'll have to make more decisions each turn. You'll also spend more time on exploring the world and waging grand wars on other nations.
- Gathering Storm and Rise and Fall large expansions efficiently encourage people to replay the campaign Each DLC introduces a lot of novelties and changes to the gameplay you won't be able to experience if you complete the game just once.
- Unlocking the Platinum trophy and all achievements in Civilization VI is difficult and time-consuming. The trophies force players, among other things, to win a campaign at the highest difficulty level (Deity), unlocking all campaign victory types (military / religious), and completing specific actions available only to certain nations. In case of the more difficult achievement, you will have to complete large portions of a scenario only to unlock them. Earning the platinum trophy in Civilization 6 might take up to 100 hours.