This page in our guide to Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice focuses on the fight with General Naomori Kawarada, one of the bosses in the game. This is the first mini-boss you encounter after the prologue. Our description contains information about the General's attacks and ways of weakening him.
Location: Ashina Outskirts [the path towards the gate]
Rewards: Prayer Bead, Healing Gourd
You will find your target by the second gate looking from the checkpoint - Outskirts Wall - the gate path. General Naomori Kawarada is the miniboss in Sekiro. It is best to start this fight with a sneak attack to take one red circle in the top left corner.
If you do not have any special abilities or items, only your agility will matter.
- Watch out when sneaking past the boss: if you destroy an object (e.g. when jumping down) he will notice you and your surprise attack will not succeed!
- The safest way is to attack with when countering (a successful counter results in a short flare-up - this is when you can perform a quick counterattack).
- If you want to heal your character, go away at a safe distance from your foe.
- Remember - if you die, you can revive your character for free once. There is a campfire (sculptor's idol) nearby, so instead of wasting healing consumables, it is better to return to the checkpoint and replenish health to attack the boss again.
- Boss's attack quickly breaks through your posture - you will not be able to defend yourself for long.
- This boss has a special attack, which you cannot block - he swirls with his sword. A single jump leaves you still within range - perform a double jump to avoid this attack.