The Nightweaver is a boss encountered in Losomn, in The Tormented Asylum. This page of our guide to Remnant 2 lists all you need to defeat this opponent.
- The Nightweaver - boss description
- How to reach The Nightweaver?
- How to fight The Nightweaver?
The Nightweaver - boss description
The Nightweaver is a specter able to pass through objects. She's agile, fast and very dangerous at close range, which is why we recommend fighting her from a distance.
The boss's weak spot is her heart. It's exposed when she summons minions. You must kill the Nightweaver twice, as killing her the first time triggers phase two in an entirely new area.
How to reach The Nightweaver?
You must find the spiderweb in a basement in Marrow Parish to reach the Nightweaver's arena. It's inactive at first, as you need a key item to open the way forward - Soulkey Tribute.
You'll get it soon after defeating Magister Dullain and going further beyond his arena. You'll notice a specter that will quickly vanish. The item is by the corpse of its victim. Put it into the web to access The Nightweaver.
- Projectiles - blue projectiles appear near the boss' head, soon starting to track the players.
- Phantom swing - the boss winds up for a moment and attacks, then rises above the ground and lands, causing an explosion.
- Uppercut - The Nightweaver swoops low to the ground and uppercuts.
- Reinforcements - when the boss drops to 25% health, she will freeze in place briefly, summoning smaller creatures.
- Volley - the boss stands still and fires several rapid projectiles.
- Melee combo - a very quick melee combo consisting of several blows.
- Lunge - The Nightweaver raises one hand, winding up for a lunge. She then attacks with her raised hand.
- Two-hit combo - swings her arms twice while very close to the player. The second hit is greatly delayed.
- Grab - after the two-hit combo, the boss can try grabbing the player. The grab deals massive damage and restores her heart if you've destroyed it in the first phase.
- Touch of death - The Nightweaver can grab you while she's in a wall or in the stairs, usually killing you instantly.
- Teleportation - the boss constantly teleports into the walls or floors, so watch her carefully.
How to fight The Nightweaver?
During both phases of the fight, it's crucial to keep your distance. Stay away from the walls and the staircase during the second phase, lest you risk an instant death.
Summons or a dog companion will be incredibly useful here, especially if playing solo. They'll distract the boss, giving you some time to breathe.
There are two approaches you can take when the boss stands still and summons reinforcements: kill them all to avoid damage or focus on the heart to finish the fight quickly. The second option is much better if you're tanky.
When The Nightweaver goes for a phantom swing, dodge the first hit and look up to properly time the second dodge. During her other attacks, do your best to get behind it.
After the first phase, you'll be caught and moved to a different area, an old, abandoned house. The arena is much smaller, but it has two floors. If you can't find the boss, she's likely upstairs, calling reinforcements.
The boss is even more mobile during this phase. She's also more aggressive, approaching you more often and going for melee attacks. Remember to get behind her with every dodge. The second hit in her combo is often significantly delayed, so don't mash the dodge button and keep your cool.
We recommend fighting her on the lower floor, as there's more free space there. Stay away from the walls, or she'll catch you and kill you instantly. Fire away at The Nightweaver whenever she's far away, as that's the best time to attack her.
If she doesn't show itself downstairs for a while, it means she's upstairs. She will stick to the wall or a ceiling, calling reinforcements. Like in the first phase, you can ignore them and fire away at the heart (if you haven't destroyed it yet) to deal more damage.
Defeating the Nightweaver will reward you with:
- Cursed Dream Silks (if you haven't destroyed the heart),
- Nightweaver's Finger (if you've destroyed the heart in both phases),
- Lumenite Crystal x5,
- Tome of Knowledge,
- Scrap x750.