As you play Red Dead Redemption 2, you can find three unmarked locations for different jobs. Arthur can visit these locations in the subsequent chapters of the game in order to follow their progress (e.g. building a new track section), as well as to receive small missions from the local NPCs.
Note - It is a good idea to visit all listed locations for the first time in chapter 2, so you won't miss any progress made in any of them.
- Castor's Ridge (near Valentine)
- Appleseed Timber (near Strawberry)
- Central Union Railroad (near Van Horn Trading Post and Emerald Ranch)
Castor's Ridge (near Valentine)
This location is a house under construction. The construction site is located a short distance south of the town of Valentine.
- During your first meeting with the man building a house together with his sons, you will not receive any additional tasks. You can only watch a short cut-scene and learn about the construction of the house. More important is the second visit, during which the family members will exchange fire with bandits. You can help them to eliminate all thugs, which will improve Arthur's reputation.
- During the next visit, a large part of the wooden structure of the house will already have been erected. However, Arthur will learn from the head of the family that there is not enough money to complete the construction of the house. You can show a good heart and donate $100 to the man (you will also earn some positive honor points).
- During one of your next visits, you will find out that your family decided to sell the house to farmers. The man will reimburse Arthur a hundred dollars and will also add another 50 dollars from himself. New residents will appear on this farm after you have progressed to the first part of the game epilogue.
Appleseed Timber (near Strawberry)
This location refers to a fragment of the forest where the felling of trees is carried out. Lumberjack camp is located north-east of the town of Strawberry, next to Monto's Rest.
- During your first visit to the lumberjack camp, you can talk to the foreman who will be interested in buying supplies from Arthur. You can sell your food and medications at better prices than those offered by town vendors.
- During one of your next visits to the logging site, you will witness an accident involving a tree falling on one of the lumberjacks. You can help free the lumberjack and earn positive honor points at the same time. The injured person will thank you for your help and will also reward Arthur with a few dollars.
- The next visit to the lumberjack camp should lead to a cut-scene of a quarrel between the foreman and his subordinates. It turns out that they are afraid of wolves roaming the area. You can offer help in getting rid of the wolves, which Arthur can easily track down by using the Eagle Eye (finding and tracking animals). The wolves will attack Arthur after he finds the corpses of mauled lumberjacks. Kill them and report back to the foreman. Logging will be completed in the sixth chapter of the game.
Central Union Railroad (near Van Horn Trading Post and Emerald Ranch)
This location is a railroad construction site. You should find the camp site west of Van Horn Trading Post and east of Emerald Ranch in New Hanover.
- The foreman will tell you that he suspects one of his subordinates is stealing money. You have to follow the designated character and remember not to get too close to him. Let the younger foreman reach the hiding place in a large tree and only then approach him. You can let the man go or catch him and tie him up. Take the stolen money out of the tree. Return to the foreman (alone or with the thief) and return the stolen 100 dollars (if you don't want to help railway workers any further, you can, of course, keep the money for yourself).
- During one of your next visits to the camp (it will be located a little north of the original location), you will learn about the problems with Cornwall, who bought one of the surrounding pieces of land. Reach the place where his people are staying. You must kill their leader in a revolver duel, the other two bandits will give up. Search the body of the shot person and get a property deed with which you can return to the foreman.
- For the remainder of the game, the camp will move north-west. This time Arthur does not have to carry out any missions, but he can get valuable supplies from the foreman. The construction of the track will finally end when the first part of the game epilogue begins.