The guide for Red Dead Redemption 2 is a compendium of knowledge about the new Rockstar Games production. In our guide you will find a variety of tips, information and hints that will allow you to learn more about the rules of the game, and to discover all the secrets it hides.
The first pages of the guide are dedicated to starting tips and other hints on how to learn the most important game mechanics. This includes such topics as traveling around the world, combat, taking on new missions, meeting companions in camps or engaging in side activities, such as hunting. Our guide to RDR 2 features also a FAQ section. It informs, among other things, how to use the fast-travel mechanics, how romance NPCs or how to repeat missions in order try out various paths and dialogue options or win the gold medals.
A large part of our guide is devoted to the Red Dead Redemption 2 walkthrough, which describes all the main story missions together with information about the choices appearing therein and the requirements for winning gold medals. However, the guide does not skip the optional tasks, which can be dealt with between the advancements to the main plot of the game, such as robberies or fishing. There is also a page devoted to the rather unusual form of our protégées' economic activity - loansharking.
Red Dead Redemption 2 is a game with a huge open world and therefore our guide wouldn't be complete without an extensive world atlas. It contains a map of the world, on which we have marked all the most important locations, cottages, gang hideouts and hidden treasures. The guide should help you to find all the secrets and collectibles, which include collector cards, dinosaur bones, legendary animals and recipes.
Our guide for RDR 2 is complemented by a chapter on how to reach 100% completion of Red Dead Redemption - we provide a complete list of activities required to fully complete the game. Among them there are side missions related to strangers, bounty hunting and random encounters with people in the game world. On the following pages you will also find some advice on gambling, in which you will be able to take part in RDR 2. These will be: poker, blackjack, dominoes, as well as five fingers fillet. We have also prepared a trophy guide that will allow you to unlock all available trophies and game achievements. Each trophy has a detailed description of the requirements to unlock it and a comment on how it can be easily done.
- Red Dead Redemption 2 in a nutshell
- Red Dead Redemption Tips, Tricks and Basics
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Walkthrough
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Secrets and collectibles
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Map
- Trophies and Achievements
- Frequently Asked Questions
Red Dead Redemption 2 in a nutshell
Rockstar made us wait a long time for the continuation of this amazing franchise. The first part was released on PS3 and Xbox 360 on May 18, 2010. The game received high scores and overall acclaim, won the favor of both - the gaming press and players. After eight years Rockstar Games returns to the topic, but this time the story takes us back in time (RDR2 is a prequel). The famous Dutch van der Linde's gang is forced to fight for survival as a result of an unsuccessful attack in Blackwater. The main character, Arthur Morgan, has to make decisions that will allow him and the whole gang to survive.
RDR2 is still a third person perspective (TPP) game, although the developers have also added the ability to use the FPP view. Of course, the well-known Dead Eye bullet time system, which allows for quick elimination of several enemies, returns in this part. The prequel is still an open and seamless world game, and the map of the world is literally huge. The world is bigger than in GTA5, and the creators revealed that in the second part of the map known from the first part of Red Dead Redemption, we can also visit New Austin and Armadillo. RDR2 runs on GTA 5 engine, but has been significantly improved for the new project. Engine of the game will use, among other things, the benefits of the Euphoria system, i.e. 3D animation of a character designed by NaturalMotion, covering the whole figure or body muscles. For example, thanks to this, enemies die extremely realistically and spectacularly.
Red Dead Redemption 2 also has a multiplayer mode. The so-called Red Dead Online will start after the game premiere (in November as a beta). Also, in the multiplayer mode there will be references and some storyline background. The premiere of Red Dead Online will take place in January 2019 on PS4 and XONE consoles.
Red Dead Redemption Tips, Tricks and Basics
The RDR2 Guide describes all the most important mechanics in the game. We will teach you how to shoot, rob, steal and run away the guards of the law. We devoted a lot of space to the fishing and cooking guide.
- Starting tips - how to start playing in RDR2?
- How to use cheat codes? - Hit below the Belt! Cheats to Red Dead Redemption 2.
- Wanted system - everything you can learn about crime system in RDR2: Most important types of crime, how a crime can be connected to Arthur?, crime effects, crime level and how to het rid of the bounty?
- Crafting and recipes - how to start campfire and start crafting? Crafting guide to RDR2 will teach you how to properly use fireplace as well as all helpful recipes for crafting.
- Cooking guide - in order to start cooking you need a campfire. Our cooking guide contains recipes of tasty meals.
Red Dead Redemption 2 Walkthrough
We have described all the main missions in Red Dead Redemption 2 together with the important choices and the different ways. We also described what needs to be done in order to get a gold medal for a quest.
Chapter 1 - Colter
- Outlaws from the West
- Enter, Pursued by a Memory
- Old Friends
- The Aftermath of Genesis
- Who the Hell is Leviticus Cornwall?
- Eastward Bound
Chapter 2 - Horseshoe Overlook
- Polite Society, Valentine Style
- Americans At Rest
- Exit Pursued By a Bruised Ego
- Paying a Social Cal
- Money Lending and Other Sins
- A Quiet Time
- We Loved Once and True
- The Spines of America
- Who Is Not Without Sin
- The First Shall Be Last
- Blessed Are the Meek
More missions in table of contents, including epilogue of the game.
Side quests and stranger quests
- The Noblest of Man, and a Woman
- Arcadia for Amateurs
- Money Lending and Other Sins IV
- Dutch's Gang' Missions and Jobs - in the gang camp you can speak to your comrades and together take quests, for example: Home robbery - Javier and home robbery - Sean.
- Minor side quests in Valentine - during your journey you will meet many strangers marked with white question marks on the map. They will give you minor side quests (called stranger quests). Here you can find stranger quests walkthrough: A Test of Faith, Smoking and Other Hobbies, Treasure Hunter, Arcadia for Amateurs, Geology for Beginners, Hunting - Charles, Fundraiser.
More side quests in table of contents.
Red Dead Redemption 2 Secrets and collectibles
In RDR2 you'll find lots of hidden secrets and collectibles - most of them are not marked on the map. That's why our guide will help you track down all the collector's cards, dinosaur bones, challenges and legendary animals.
- The Poisonous Trail Treasure Hunt
- Jack Hall Gang
- Chick's Treasure
- High Stakes
- Homestead Stashes
- Mended Treasure Map
More tips and tricks regarding Red Dead Redemption 2 side activities like challenges, Legendary Animals, Legendary fish, Dinosaur bones and rock carvings and others - see table of contents of our guide.
Red Dead Redemption 2 Map
Red Dead Redemption 2 map is a huge one, much bigger than the one we know from GTA 5. You will be able to visit the whole map known from the first part of RDR - most probably you will perish or get lost many times. From towns and settlements to mountain peaks, endless fields, canyons and deserts - RDR 2 map is large enough to introduce fast travel systems (e.g. train). A faithful horse, of course, will be useful for crossing wild trails.
Trophies and Achievements
The trophy guide will help you unlock all your achievements and trophies in Red Dead Redemption 2. Each demanding trophy is described on separate pages of our guide, and the tips will make it much more enjoyable (and easier!) in mastering the game. With this tutorial you will be able to get platinum master trophy in no time.
- Trophy guide - list of trophies and achievements
Frequently Asked Questions
The FAQ section of this guide - "I have a problem and look for answers", is a collection of the most important questions you can ask about RDR 2. We collected the most important problems and answered them objectively. Will RDR2 have a PC version? What editions of the game can we buy? These and other questions are answered below.
- How to earn money in Red Dead Redemption 2?
- How to kill the legendary bear?
- How to get a scope for your rifle?
- How do I get the fishing rod?
- How to get a harmonica?
- Why my weapons have disappeared?
- How to retrieve your lost hat?
- How to get a gold bar and where to sell it?
- Where do I find the trapper?
And many, many more - see our guide's table of contents.
Below you can find answers to some of crucial questions regarding RDR2:
- What editions of Red Dead Redemption 2 are available?
- Will Red Dead Redemption 2 have a season pass?
- Can I play in Red Dead Redemption 2 offline?
- Is Red Dead Redemption 2 a prequel of the first title?
- Is there any chance that Red Dead Redemption 2 will be available on PC?
- Is there any chance that Red Dead Redemption 2 will be available on Nintendo Switch?
- Is there a Multiplayer Mode in Red Dead Redemption 2?
- Is there a Zombie Mode in Red Dead Redemption 2?
- Is there an FPP view in Red Dead Redemption?
- How long is Red Dead Redemption 2?
- How enormous is the world in Red Dead Redemption 2?
- What is the PEGI rating of Red Dead Redemption 2?
- Are there any Indians in Red Dead Redemption 2?
What editions of Red Dead Redemption 2 are available?
Red Dead Redemption will be released on PS4 and XBOX ONE in three editions, each of which you can buy before the premiere.
If you purchase RDR2 before the premiere you will receive an additional:
- War Horse - an Ardennes horse of grey color. The war horse is sturdy and is not afraid of the bang of shots, so it will not throw off its rider during the fight;
- The Outlaw Survival Kit - a collection of key supplies that include items to replenish Health, Dead Eye and more.
Additionally, if you buy RDR2 pre-order in digital version, you will receive:
- Cash bonus for RDR 2 Story Mode - a lot of money that can be used to buy weapons and other equipment during story mode;
- Treasure map (game must have been pre-ordered by August 15, 2018) - there is a great treasure with a lot of cash in RDR2. This map helps you in finding it.
Red Dead Redemption 2 - Special Edition contains:
- A bonus mission with an assault on a bank and a new hiding place in the story mode;
- Dappled Black Thoroughbred - ultimate stallion with an exclusive saddle;
- Talisman and Medallion Gameplay Bonuses - among other things, they increase perception and reduce damage while riding on horseback;
- Gameplay Boosts, Cash Bonuses & Discounts - thanks to them Arthur will be more durable and able to use Dead Eye for longer. During the attacks you will also earn more money. In addition, if you want to improve your gang camp, you will get a discount;
- The Nuevo Paraiso Gunslinger Outfit - this outfit for the main character was inspired by bandits from across the southern border. It consists of a black cowboy hat, an indigo coat, and worn-out jeans;
- Free Access to Additional Weapons - bonus weapon: three models to be used in Story Mode: Volcanic Pistol, Pump Action Shotgun and Lancaster Varmint Rifle.
Red Dead Redemption 2 - Ultimate Edition contains:
- All the above bonuses from the special edition;
- Bonus Outfits - 2 bonus outfits for Red Dead Online, Blackrose Bounty Hunter Outfit and Copperhead Enforcer Outfit;
- Black Chestnut Thoroughbred + cowboy saddle for Red Dead Online;
- Free Access to the Survivor Camp Theme - thanks to this bonus you will be able to change the appearance of your camp for free into a "survival" theme;
- Additional Weapons - Volcanic Pistol, Pump Action Shotgun and Lancaster Varmint Rifle for Online Mode;
- Rank Bonuses - get ranks faster in Online Mode.
Red Dead Redemption 2 Collector's Edition contains:
- RDR2 Collector's Box - red steelbook (without game);
- Metal Tithing Box with Lock & Key;
- Collectable Challenge Coin - engraved gold collector coin with an image of a buffalo and landscape;
- Double Sided Puzzle - 100-piece wooden puzzle depicting the Saint Denis port and the Rockstar Games logo;
- Six Shooter Bandana - red, outlaw bandana;
- Treasure Map - reveals the location of the buried treasure;
- Pin Set - 6 clip pins representing a weapon;
- Playing Cards - a deck of playing cards with images of van der Linde gang members: Arthur Morgan, John Marston, Javier Escuella, Bill Williamson and Dutch van der Linde;
- Wheeler, Rawson and Co. Catalogue - illustrated catalogue of weapons and outfits to be found in the game;
- Twelve Cigarette Cards - are material equivalents of cards that you can find in the game. It contains images of characters and motifs from the game.
Will Red Dead Redemption 2 have a season pass?
No, Rockstar Games did not announce a season pass, just like in the case of the release of GTA5. Perhaps it means that Rockstar does not plan any DLC to single player mode and after the release of Red Dead Online will focus only on releasing DLC to multiplayer.
Can I play in Red Dead Redemption 2 offline?
It is hard to say - currently the developer has not revealed whether we will be able to run the game on consoles without the requirement of permanent Internet connection. Of course, Red Dead Online will require permanent access to the network.
Is Red Dead Redemption 2 a prequel of the first title?
Yes, the events in RDR2 were set in 1899, they precede the events from the first part. In the second title the Dutch van der Linde gang still exists, and it includes the main character of the first part, John Marston, as well as the main character of this title - Arthur. Marston is still an active member of the gang at that time, and the whole game tells the story of a breakdown and collapse of a criminal group and explains what exactly led Marston to abandon the path of crime.
Is there any chance that Red Dead Redemption 2 will be available on PC?
At the moment neither the game developer nor the publisher has taken an official statement on this issue. However, some press leaks as well as general trends in the gaming market suggest that this version of the game will also be released in the future. On the release day (26.10.2018) the game was available only on Xbox One and PlayStation 4.
Is there any chance that Red Dead Redemption 2 will be available on Nintendo Switch?
At the moment neither the game developer nor the publisher has taken an official statement on this issue. Although the game seems to be too technically advanced to work on the Nintendo console, some industry experts still hope for such a version. They point to the successful transfer to the Nintendo platform of such complex titles as Doom, Wolfenstein 2 or Rockstar's LA Noir. Another possibility is to make Red Dead Redemption 2 available to Switch users via streaming service, as will be the case with Assassin's Creed Odyssey. On the release day (26.10.2018), the game was only available on Xbox One and PlayStation.
Is there a Multiplayer Mode in Red Dead Redemption 2?
Yes, the game has a Multiplayer Mode called Red Dead Online. However, it will be available to users after the official release of the game (beta mode will probably start in November 2018). At the moment, Rockstar has not released any details about the online game mechanics.
Is there a Zombie Mode in Red Dead Redemption 2?
At the moment there is no official information about the zombie mode for this title, known from the first part as the Undead Nightmares Challenge. However, given the great interest of game recipients in such mode, it cannot be ruled out that it will be added in one of the planned DLCs.
Is there an FPP view in Red Dead Redemption?
The game has a fully-fledged first person view system. In PlayStation 4 version, the player can change the view "on the fly" using a touchpad integrated with the controller. In addition to TPP and FPS views, the player can also watch the gameplay using a cinematic camera known from Rockstar games.
How long is Red Dead Redemption 2?
According to information provided by one of the game's creators, Dan Houser, Red Dead Redemption 2 should provide you at least 60 hours of fun. However, there is no precise data on what aspects of the game and how many side activities are able to extend the overall gameplay.
How enormous is the world in Red Dead Redemption 2?
According to the producers of the game, the map on which the game will be played is the biggest in the Rockstar studio's history. In practice, it means that the map will have more than 127 square kilometers, as in the previous "biggest" game of this developer - Grand Theft Auto V.
What is the PEGI rating of Red Dead Redemption 2?
The European raiting agency PEGI has rated the latest Rockstar game as only for adult audiences (rating 18+).
Are there any Indians in Red Dead Redemption 2?
According to the creators of the game, the native population of the North American continent will not play a leading role in the story presented in Red Dead Redemption 2. This is fully in line with historical realities - in the year 1899 (time used in the game), practically all Indians stayed in special, closed reserves. The percentage of indigenous U.S. citizens was negligible.
About Red Dead Redemption 2 Guide
Author : Jacek "Stranger" Halas & Natalia "N.Tenn" Fras & Grzegorz "Alban3k" Misztal for gamepressure.com
Use the comments below to submit your updates and corrections to this guide.
Red Dead Redemption II Video Game
- genre: Action
- developer: Rockstar Games
- publisher: Rockstar Games
- platform: PS4, XONE
Red Dead Redemption II is the third installment in the Western Red Dead series started by the 2004's Red Dead Revolver. The series became extremely popular only after the release of Red Dead Redemption - an open-world action game dubbed by many as the best game ever released on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. The prequel described herein wad published by Rockstar Games (known mostly for creating such series as Grand Theft Auto, Midnight Club, and Manhunt, as well as such games as the controversial Bully and Max Payne 3) and, among other platforms, was released on PS4 and XONE.
The action of Red Dead Redemption II is set in 1899, so before the events featured in Red Dead Redemption. The gang of outlaws led by Dutch van der Linde (known from Red Dead Revolver) is roaming around the old West together with Linde's right hand - Arthur Morgan, the main protagonist of this story. When the Blackwater robbery goes south, the outlaws are forced to flee from sheriffs and bounty hunters and, eventually, to fight for their survival in a hostile environment.
On his adventure, the main protagonist has to choose between staying loyal to his friends and his ideals. Moreover, players' decisions together with Morgan's reputation affect the story in a given region. Also important are his relations with the remaining gang members he is sharing the camp with - the actions you make determine their approach towards your character.
In the PS4 and XONE releases of Red Dead Redemption II, players observe the action from the third-person perspective (TPP). The game gives us at our disposal a vast, open world comprising rocky mountain areas, streamy valleys, picturesque prairies, dense forests, and also cities inhabited by people leading their own lives according to individual agendas. The aforementioned camp is your base of operations - during the game, you need to take care of the supplies and people's morale. What is worth remembering, this duty does not fall to Morgan exclusively - his friends also set out for scavenging and hunting missions should the camp run scarce of a given resource (depending on that person's role, it can be wood, food, money, etc.).
More About Red Dead Redemption 2
Candyland has published an interesting video comparing the graphics of two Rockstar Games hits - Grand Theft Auto V and Red Dead Redemption II.
Perhaps you will find more animals in Red Dead Redemption 2 than you came across in real life. But not all of them are there to be wondered at.
Single protagonist, Dead-Eye: Extended Edition, and blood all around – these are just a few features Red Dead Redemption 2 has to offer. As the release draws near, Rockstar breaks its silence, and we gather all the news.
"This game will redefine our industry" – says Strauss Zelnick of Red Dead Redemption 2. The CEO of Take-Two Interactive, who owns Rockstar, believes that GTA creators have developed a gamechanger.
The name is Arthur Morgan, he is a gang member wanted in three states. Meet the Red Dead Redemption II protagonist in this new trailer.