West Elizabeth - Red Dead Redemption 2 World Atlas Map
Red Dead Redemption 2 Guide and Walkthrough
Key points of Red Dead Redemption 2 - Atlas - West Elizabeth
Important locations on the map
Starting areas for the Stranger missions
Unique secret locations
1 - Strawberry
2 - Blackwater
3 - Pronghorn Ranch
4 - Beecher's Hope
1 – Arcadia for Amateurs I
2 – Joshua Brown (bounty hunter)
3 – Geology for Beginners
4 – Arcadia for Amateurs II
5 – Oh, Brother III
6 – Blackwater missions: Elias Green (bounty hunter); Otis Skinner (bounty hunter)
7 – The American Inferno, Burnt Out I
8 – The American Inferno, Burnt Out II-V
9 – American Dreams (one of the three crime scenes)
This page in our guide to Red Dead Redemption 2 contains the map of West Elizabeth. Unlike the previous two regions, this one isn't as inhabited. Here, you can find only two larger locations. Strawberry, one of the towns, is visited during chapter 2. This region has, i.e. Cigarette Cards, Dinosaur Bones or lairs of Legendary Animals.
General information about West Elizabeth
- Dutch's gang doesn't stop in West Elizabeth for too long. However, you visit these lands during various main and side missions. Strawberry town is especially important - here, Arthur can start quests or visit stores.
- Watch out in the southern part of the state - Blackwater and its surrounding areas are off-limits. Enter this area, and Arthur will be attacked. This changes in the epilogue.
- The majority of West Elizabeth consists of mountains. Watch out, you don't want to fall down from great heights, and kill Arthur or his horse.
- There are no railroad tracks near Strawberry - the two train stations found in this region are west and north-west from the town. However, you can access this town fast by traveling in a stagecoach.
- Throughout the epilogue, the main character will live in two different places in West Elizabeth. His first home is in Pronghorn Ranch, the second is in Beecher's Hope.
The most important locations in West Elizabeth
- Strawberry - One of the main towns in the game. Some of the main missions in chapter 2 take place in this town, and in the areas surrounding it. This town also offers a few side missions. Also, Arthur can visit, i.e. stores or a hotel.
- Blackwater - This location is off-limits. Enter this area, and Arthur will be attacked. Visit this place later, during the epilogue.
- Pronghorn Ranch - This is the main character's first home during the epilogue. The ranch has only a fraction of the activities that were available in the previous gang hideouts.
- Beecher's Hope - The second "base" available during the epilogue. This place becomes your home - you can go back here even after the main storyline.
Hunting wild animals in West Elizabeth
The north is full of mountains and forests. The south consists of open spaces. These lands are full of various wild animals.
Unique animal species found in this region:
- Bear - can also be found in Ambarino
- Bison - this information is related to the areas around Blackwater; can also be found in New Hanover
- Black Bear - can also be found in New Hanover
- Boar - can also be found in Lemoyne
- Cougar - can also be found in New Austin
- Pelican - can also be found in Lemoyne
- Quail - can also be found in New Hanover
- Raven - single animals can be found in other regions
- Wolf - can also be found in Ambarino
Side missions available in West Elizabeth
We have marked starting locations of side quests as well as places that allow you to continue side quests in West Elizabeth. Below, you can find the list of all side quests available in West Elizabeth, one of the regions in RDR2.
- Arcadia for Amateurs - Only parts I and II are in West Elizabeth. The next parts are in Lemoyne and New Hanover. This quest consists of 5 parts in total.
- Joshua Brown - This is a Bounty Hunting mission, not a full side quest.
- Geology for Beginners - A short mission related to one of the in-game secrets. Add it to your log and start looking for the rock carvings.
- Elias Green - This is a Bounty Hunting mission, not a full side quest. This bounty poster is in Blackwater which means that you have to do it during the epilogue or after the main storyline.
- Otis Skinner - This is a Bounty Hunting mission, not a full side quest. You can do it in the epilogue.
- The American Inferno, Burnt Out - The first meeting takes place in another region. All other parts are done near his cabin.
Our guide has walkthroughs for all these missions. Remember, not every quest is available automatically. Some of them may require you to, i.e. reach a specific chapter in the campaign. All requirements for adding them to your log are described in our guide.
The most important secrets in West Elizabeth
Below you can find various hidden locations found in West Elizabeth - these locations are worth exploring. The list contains easter eggs, unusual locations with unique loot (i.e. outfit parts or weapons). Unique secret locations are marked with yellow dots.
1) Gorilla. The animal won't attack you, nor it will move. This stuffed gorilla is an interesting display piece worth checking out.
2) Flying machine wreckage. The main character will add this site to his journal.
3) Dead bear. Examine its corpse and get Antler Knife.
4) Native burial site. Go there and find a Stone Hatchet.
5) Cave. The cave has its own tunnel system. You can find a person living in this place - kill or catch that person with your lasso.
6) Obelisk. The main character will add this site to his journal.
7) Pagan ritual site. You can find a unique elixir and Ram Skull Mask.
8) Giant's skeleton. The main character will add this site to his journal. One of the Rock Carvings is near that place.
9) Beryl's Dream mine. Here, you can find Wide-Blade Knife.
10) Circus wagons. You will find destroyed circus wagons. Activate FPP camera and look inside them.