In Red Dead Redemption 2, the members of the Dutch gang are (more or less) friends. They can ask Arthur to bring them various items. This page contains information on the locations of the request items for your companions in RDR2.
- General information
- You can start looking for these items right from the beginning - some of them are in prearranged and/or widely available locations. However, you can't give these items to your friends whenever you want. Arthur needs to learn that a specific gang member is looking for something. Usually, this happens when a gang member speaks to the main character during his visit at the current camp (see picture 1). This request is also added to your log (the picture 2). There are only a few instances where request circumstances are different, i.e. when you are traveling with someone during a mission.
- The majority of the conversations with the gang members happen during a day, but some meetings can only be triggered during a night. Visit the camp at different hours or use your bed to speed up the time.
- Almost all requests happen in chapters 2-4. There are only a few exceptions - some of them can appear after the epilogue.
- Bring the requested items to improve your relations with a given character and to receive honor points. Also, these gang members should give you something as a gift - this happens after some time passes (i.e. after 24 hours). These items will appear on the crate next to Arthur's bed.
- Complete any 5 requests to unlock Errand Boy achievement/trophy. Start fulfilling requests after you reach the second chapter.
- Due to bugs, finding some of the gang members can be problematic. Don't expect that you will complete all of the requests during your playthrough. However, you should visit the camp as often as possible and always stop when someone talks to Arthur. Not every conversation ends with a request, but doing that will reduce the risk of missing on them.
Abigail's request is rather unusual. The woman asks you for $5. You won't receive anything besides a few honor points.
Bill asks you for a Hair Pomade. This item can be bought at a store or found somewhere in the world. As a reward, Bill will give you repeater ammo.
Charles can ask Arthur for three different items:
- Moonshine - You can find a bottle of this alcohol when you are exploring the world, or you can buy it at any of the fencers (example in picture 1). Charles will give you fire arrows.
- Oleander - You can find this herb when you are exploring the world (see the picture 2 above - Oleander is the red and poisonous herb). Charles will give you poison arrows.
- Eagle Feather - This request can appear only in the epilogue. Hunt down an eagle to get its feathers. Charles will give you a Horse Reviver.
Dutch wants you to find a unique item - his lost Pipe.
Where can you find Dutch's Pipe in RDR2? Head to the small cabin located in the west part of West Elizabeth region. The cabin's location is presented in the picture above - right above the big letter "W" on the map, north-west from Strawberry and south from Little Creek River.
A Grizzly bear is inside the cabin - the animal will attack Arthur. Kill the animal. After that, you have to enter the cabin. The Pipe is next to the typewriter (presented in the picture above). Dutch will give you Spurs.
Hosea can ask Arthur for two items:
- American Ginseng - Bring him two units. You can find the herb during your exploration of the world. Hosea will give you a Potent Medicine.
- Shrew in the Fog book - First, you have to examine the book in the place where Hosea is. The book can be found in the cabin located in Bayou near Saint Denis. Hosea will give you a Predator Bait.
Jack can ask Arthur for two items:
- Abigail's Thimble - You can steal this item when you are in the gang hideout. Jack will give you a drawing.
- Penny Dreadful comic book - This request will appear some time after the part when you go fishing with the boy. The comic book can be found in a few places. You can go to, i.e. the cabin marked in the picture above (this cabin is located east from Emerald Ranch).
The comic book lies on the night drawer near the woman's corpse. Jack will give you a chocolate bar.
Javier asks Arthur for Oleander. You can find this herb while you are exploring the world (see the picture above - Oleander is the red and poisonous herb). Javier will give you Poisoned Throwing Knives.
Kieran asks Arthur to get 2 Burdock Roots. You can find this herb when you are exploring the world. Kieran will give you a Horse Medicine.
Lenny asks Arthur to bring him a unique item, the Silver Pocket Watch.
Where can you find the Silver Pocket Watch in RDR2? Head to the small cabin located in the west part of West Elizabeth region. The cabin's location is presented in the picture above - right above the big letter "W" on the map, north-west from Strawberry and south from Little Creek River.
A Grizzly bear is inside the cabin - the animal will attack Arthur. Kill the animal. After that, you have to enter the cabin. The watch is next to the typewriter (presented in the picture above). Lenny will give you a dynamite.
Mary-Beth asks Arthur to get a unique item called Fountain Pen.
Where can you find the Fountain Pen in RDR2? Go to the cabin marked in the picture above (this cabin is located east from Emerald Ranch).
Examine the night drawer near the woman's corpse. The pen is inside the drawer. Mary-Beth will give you a ring.
Molly asks Arthur to find a unique item called Pocket Mirror.
Where can you find the Pocket Mirror in RDR2? Go to the cabin in the woods (see the picture above). The cabin is located north-east from Emerald Ranch and west from Annesburg. The Trapper's camp is south from this cabin.
Go inside the cabin. The mirror is on the night drawer near the bed. Molly will give you a cigar.
Pearson can ask Arthur for two items:
- Naval Compass - Examine the building near the water presented in picture 1 - the construction is standing next to Braithwaite Manor (north of Rhodes). Approach the building either from north or south. Once in the manor, Arthur can be attacked by the guards. The compass is on the table (picture 2). Pearson will give you a bottle of rum.
- Rabbit - You can hunt this animal in every part of the world. Pearson will give you a Nutritious Stew.
Sadie asks Arthur to find a unique item called Harmonica.
Where can you find the Harmonica in RDR2? Go to Emmet Granger's farm presented in the picture above. This place is near Flatneck Station (south of Valentine). You visit this place during The Noblest of Man, and a Woman side quest.
Enter the main building. The Harmonica is on one of the shelves. Sadie will give you a Gun Oil.
Sean asks Arthur for Kentucky Bourbon. This alcohol can be found in the world, or it can be bought at one of the stores. Sean will give you a Fire Bottle.
Susan asks Arthur for 2 units of Oregano. You can find this herb in the world. Susan will give you a Potent Miracle Tonic.
Tilly asks Arthur for a Necklace. This is one of the most common jewelry pieces found in the game. Search containers (especially the ones locked with a key) and loot corpses. Till will give you a Medicine.
Uncle asks Arthur for a Medicinal Cream. This item can be crafted. Uncle will give you clothes.