Red Dead Redemption 2: Character Development - how to? Health, stamina, Dead Eye Red Dead Redemption 2 Guide and Walkthrough
Character Development - on this page of the guide to Red Dead Redemption 2 we explain how to increase maximum stamina and health.
Last update: Monday, October 3, 2022
As you complete the Red Dead Redemption 2 Arthur becomes stronger and is much better in battles, as his main statistics grow. On this page we explain the principles of character development and how to effectively increase health, stamina and Dead Eye in RDR2.
- General information
- How to develop health stat in RDR2?
- How to develop stamina in RDR2?
- How to develop Dead Eye in RDR2?
Arthur is described by three main attributes. These are health, stamina and Dead Eye. Each of these statistics is on the first level at the beginning of the game. You can advance attributes to higher levels by gaining experience points - the best techniques for gaining xp are described below.
Developing stats translates into associated energy indicators. Upgrading an attribute simply means that the energy bar for it will be extended. This will allow Arthur to survive longer after taking damage, run more often or use the time slowing mode for longer.
How to develop health stat in RDR2?
The best ways to get xp to develop a health attribute are:
- Defeating other people in melee fights. You will receive experience points regardless of whether you only knocked down your opponent on the ground or they were killed in melee combat.
- Using bows and throwing objects (knives, tomahawks, etc.). The game will give you many more experience points if the attacked target was killed.
- Stunning or killing enemies as a result of stealth attacks.
- Killing wild animals without damaging their skins. You can do this by hurling the animals in their head or in their weak points (e.g. in their heart).
- Rowing by boat.
- Fishing. You will receive experience points when you catch a fish. The number of xp points gained depends on size of the fish. Oh dear - size matters in this game.
- Completing challenges related to the health attribute. Experience points are awarded only once for each challenge.
How to develop stamina in RDR2?
The best ways to gain xp to develop the stamina statistic are:
- Sprint. Remember that normal running is not enough. You have to hold down the sprint button, which causes the stamina indicator to run out..
- Swimming. Consider the amount of time spent on swimming, not the distance covered.
- Survive a skirmish with a small amount of health. You will receive an xp bonus only if at the end of the battle the main hero has less than 1/4 of health points.
- Completing challenges associated with the stamina attribute. Experience points are awarded only once for each challenge.
How to develop Dead Eye in RDR2?
The best ways to get xp to develop the Dead Eye attribute:
- Killing enemies in free aim mode.
- Hitting enemies in the head from a distance of at least 50 meters. You can easily gain xp by relying on scoped rifles.
- Skinning wild animal. The number of experience points obtained depends on the species of the animal.
- Crafting items and cooking. You always get the same amount of xp regardless of the type of item prepared on the basis of crafting.
- Taking care of everyday duties in the Dutch gang camp. The duties include, for example, carrying heavy objects (sacks, hay, etc.).
- Finding secrets. These can be e.g. dinosaur bone or collector's cards. The game rewards you the same amount of xp for each collectible found.
- Completing all challenges associated with the attribute of Dead Eye. Experience points are awarded only once for each challenge.