Red Dead Redemption 2 is filled with battles in which the main character has to deal with numerous groups of opponents. On this page of our guide you will find a simple trick that makes it much easier to aim at your opponents and kill them quickly. You can use this method practically from the very beginning of the game.
Here are the steps that we recommend:
- Step 1 - Hide the hero behind a cover. Ideally, this should be an obstacle behind which most of the surrounding enemies can be fired at.
- Step 2 - Try to rotate the camera more or less towards the opponent or enemies you want to shoot. Remember that they are marked on the radar and that you can enlarge the mini-map if necessary..
- Step 3 - Hold down the weapon aiming button (default is L2 / left trigger). The camera should "stick" to the opponent.
- Step 4 - You can immediately shoot (R2 / RT) or slightly change the position of the camera and aim at the head of the target enemy. This is a great choice especially for missions that have challenges for killing enemies by headshots.
- Step 5 - Release the aiming button and after Arthur returns behind the cover, press it again. The camera should lock on the next opponent..
The main advantage of this technique is that you can easily pause the camera on other enemies. This is much easier and faster than traditional aiming. You can also use this technique during horseback riding and hunting for wild animals.
Note - This method applies to the default control and camera settings. If you want a bigger challenge, you can disable the "sticking" function of the camera to the attacked enemies.