In Red Dead Redemption 2 you'll find many legendary animals. One of them is the legendary bear. The legendary bear is found for the first time in one of the main story missions, but you have to defeat it by yourself. During the mission this will not be possible.
- Legendary bear location
- Which weapons are best to hunt the legendary bear?
- How the fight with a bear looks like?
- What you can craft from bear's pelt?
Legendary bear location
The bear will move around the area marked on the screen above. In these areas you can look for traces of the bear, as it was previously shown in the main mission - Exit Pursued by a Bruised Ego. You can also happen to meet the bear right away without looking for traces of the dangerous animal. Pull out your weapon and kill your opponent right away.
Which weapons are best to hunt the legendary bear?
When you hunt a bear it is worth going with a heavy weapon. A rifle or a shotgun will be the best:
- Rifle - from the rifle you can shoot from a long distance, but you have to make some precise shots. It's best to use Dead Eye, mark your opponent and shoot a few accurate shots.
- Shotgun - using a shotgun you have to approach the bear. So you must be careful not to be attacked. However, if you aim correctly, two accurate shots will defeat your opponent and then you're able to collect your loot.
- Double-barrel shotgun - if you want to use a double barreled shotgun you have to use it as a standard shotgun. Get closer to the bear and aim at the bear's head. However, you must be aware that if you miss the bear will definitely chase you.
How the fight with a bear looks like?
The bear will attack you if you stand in its way and the same would happen if you start shooting at it. You have to decide what you want to do. You can either start running away or continue shooting and probably hit your opponent.
Before you go hunting, however, you must save the game. If the bear grabs you and kills you, you won't be able to repeat the fight too quickly. You will have to wait until the bear reappears in his lair. The same applies if a terrified animal escapes.
What you can craft from bear's pelt?
Get to the Trapper and you may craft one of the following:
Legendary Bear Head Hat - you need bear's pelt and $40,
Legendary Bear Coat: you need bear's pelt and $28,
Legendary Bear Roper: you need bear's pelt and $34.