Pouring Forth Oil is one of the main missions available in the second chapter of Red Dead Redemption 2. This mission is divided into a few parts - Arthur and John plan on stopping another train. This time, they want to do it by using flammable materials.
- Pouring Forth Oil I
- Pouring Forth Oil II
- How to get a gold medal in Pouring Forth Oil II?
- Pouring Forth Oil III / IV
- How to get a gold medal in Pouring Forth Oil IV?
Pouring Forth Oil I
How to unlock: Speak with John Marston in the gang hideout.
Walkthrough: This is a rather interesting mission - the first stage ends after the conversation with John. The man tells you about his plan. John also informs you where you can find wagons with oil - you can use them to stop the train. Go to the place pointed by the game.
Pouring Forth Oil II
The wagons are heavily guarded. Don't use a frontal attack - enemies will surround you. Get closer to the guards overlooking one of the gates and wait for one of them to move away. Use, i.e. the knife to kill the remaining guard. Quickly run towards one of the wagons.
Sadly - your theft was noticed. Arthur is chased by a few guards. They are difficult to lose - stop, shoot the enemies and then get back on the wagon.
How to get a gold medal in Pouring Forth Oil II?
Deliver the wagon in less than 1 minute and 45 seconds. This is difficult to do because Arthur will be chased by enemies. Use the Dead Eye to eliminate a few enemies at the same time. If you really want to get the gold medal, you should let one of the guards shoot you. Load the last checkpoint - you start near the wagon with no one around you. This makes the task much easier to complete.
Pouring Forth Oil III / IV
The next step is to reach the camp - speak with John Marston about the stolen cargo. Go back to the place where you left the oil wagon - this starts the final part of this mission. The two men are joined by a few other gang members. Reach the train tracks and watch a cut-scene. After that, you can start robbing the passengers.
Enter the passengers' car. Help John to rob the passengers. Some of them need to be forced to cooperate (beat them). You can also get more money by robbing a few passengers yourself.
Proceed forward - Sean gets stunned by a door. Shoot all the enemies. To get a gold medal, you can't let your companion to shoot anyone.
You reach the baggage car. Spend some time on searching this car - thanks to that you will be able to steal valuable items.
The last part involves fighting with law enforcers. First, you need to fight with a few waves of enemies - aim accurately and quickly kill your targets. Get on your horse and start running. You need to escape the Law - lose them to end this mission.
How to get a gold medal in Pouring Forth Oil IV?
- Kill all the train guards before Sean opens fire - Sean will be stunned for a brief moment - use this time to eliminate the incoming enemies.
- Clear the baggage car of loot - spend some time on looting this car. Steal all the valuables.
- Escape the Law in less than 1 minute and 30 seconds - Get on your horse and run as fast as you can. Use galloping to complete the task within the time limit.
- Perform 10 kills with the Dead Eye. Use it as frequently as possible.
- Complete the mission without using items that replenish health.