The Trapper is a very important character in Red Dead Redemption 2. You can sell the Trapper the skins of legendary animals and buy unique outfits for the main character. The following page of the guide contains the information on where you can find the trapper and what kind of interactions are associated with this particular NPC.
You can find the Trapper in Saint Denis, the largest city in RDR2, which is located at the eastern edge of the world map. You can get there as soon as the second chapter of the game begins, but you will have to be prepared for a longer journey.
The Trapper's shop is located on the marketplace, in the spot shown in the pictures.
The main purpose of a visit to the Trapper is the option to sell the skins of legendary animals, e.g. the legendary bear, which you hunted down as part of the main mission Exit Pursued by a Bruised Ego. You can also visit the Trapper to:
- Sell your other skins and hunting trophies.
- Buy single pieces of clothing and "thematic" outfits, e.g. The Ghost Bison outfit. The game will not allow you to get these elements of clothing right away. In order to make each of those outfits you need high quality skins.
- Buy upgrades to the protagonist's equipment. You'll gain access to them in time. You must complete challenges in the game (e.g. skinning 3 deer) in order to gradually gain access to new inventory items.
- Buy saddles for your horse. Again it is required to have high quality wild animal skins.
- Buy standard hunting supplies (e.g. lures, oil for cleaning weapons, or throwing items).