A Quiet Time is one of the missions available in Red Dead Redemption 2's second chapter. This is a rather humoristic mission. During it Arthur and Lenny will get drunk in the saloon located in Valentine.
How to unlock: Speak with Dutch van der Linde in the gang hideout in Horseshoe Overlook.
Walkthrough: Dutch informs you that Micah has been arrested. Go with Lenny to the saloon in Valentine. Get inside the building and sit at the bar. The conversation with Lenny gets interrupted - you can tell the man politely that he should leave you both, threaten him or beat the man. The options get unlocked over time. If you don't choose any, Arthur will "charm" the stranger (a peaceful solution).
After the first round of drinks, stay on the ground floor of the saloon and find Tommy, with whom you've fisted a few missions before. Talk to him several times to try to reconcile with him.
After the first set of drinks Arthur has to go on the upper floor. Reach the area above the bar. Lenny stands there.
Drink more. After that you have to go down. Approach the bar - drunk Lenny is going wild on it. Hit one of the men who stand next to the bar.
The next scene forces you to play in the first perspective mode. Enter the saloon. Go on the upper floor, turn left and then right. Enter room 1A and watch a funny cut-scene featuring Lenny. Keep talking to the saloon's visitors until Lenny finds Arthur.
You are now outside the building. You can drown the man you are holding or wait until he frees himself and escapes.
The last part of the mission starts when the police arrives:
- Escape is possible but it is hard to do. Run down the alley between the buildings and be sure that Arthur doesn't hit any of the poles or other obstacles (try to stay in the middle of the path). Turn right and press the jump button when you reach the small fence (the option to jump over the fence is blurred out intentionally). Arthur will wake up away from the town.
- Arthur and Lenny can be stopped by the police - this can happen when you don't start running away or when you hit a pole or a fence. The heroes end up in jail (the picture 2). Lenny will pay the fine. After that both heroes will regain their freedom.
How to get a gold medal in A Quiet Time?
- Try to make amends with the old rival - The rival you have to try to reconcile with is Tommy. You will find him on the ground floor after the first round of drinks. You can find out more about this in our guide.
- Catch Lenny in the act - Reach room 1A located on the upper floor of the saloon (the part when you switch over to first person mode). This part has been described in the walkthrough.
- Don't get arrested - This is the first variant of ending this quest (its description is in the walkthrough). Don't hit any of the obstacles and successfully jump over the fence.