Durgan's Battery Interior M5 - description and map of the sub location | The White March Part II
Pillars of Eternity Guide
Key points of PoE White March Part II M5 - Durgan's Battery Interior
Important areas on the map
Exits from locations
Locked doors or chests
Important NPC's (quest givers, traders etc.)
New potential team members
Dangerous enemies (bosses, elite monsters etc.)
Korbal sells armours, potions, scrolls and camping supplies. In the closed chest (level 4) you will find Old Guard's Key, which opens Armory (02).
You can open the door by Old Guard's Key (01). There is some weapon, armour and coins inside.
It connects the Great Hall and White Forge.
You can go outside, to ruined bridge, by using this stairs.
You will get to West Tower by using this stairs.
There is Cannon Range Key, which is required to open Maintenance Room (09).
You will meet here several strong enemies and find durgan steel ingots.
You have to repair the Lift before you will use it.
- Find lever (09) or replace it with torch or prybar;
- Use oil (10) on the chains;
- Replace cog (12);
When you will be using Lift, there will be paragraf section. On the top of the tower you will meet several strong enemies (one boss).
In the chest with trap you will find Dwarven Lever, which is needed to repair the Lift (08). You can open the door by using Cannon Range Key (03).
The room is guarded by more than 10 enemies, so you have to be carefull. In the chest in the bottom you will find unique dagger. In the bookshelf is special oil needed to repair the Lift (08).
If you want to use the passage you need to have hammer and chisel or send character with Might level 14.
You will find Patinated Cog here. It is needed to repair the Lift (08).
The above map presents three main locations that make up Durgan's Battery Interior. These are: Great Hall, White Forge and Western Tower. The first two have not changed much since you have last been here, but the third one is an entirely new location. In there, you encounter new enemies and solve several riddles. In reality, the entire area is directly connected to the quest Ready the Cannons.
Important locations in Durgan's Battery Interior
8. Artillery Lift
The lift rides to the very top of the Western Tower, but it is broken now. To repair it, you need to fix 3 elements:
- There is the activation lever missing on the right side of the lift. You can substitute it with three items: Torch, Crowbar or Dwarven Lever, which you find in the Maintenance Room (M5,9).
- The chain on the left is all rusty. To restore it, you are going to need Pargur Rust-Dissolver. It is in Potionmaster's Quarter (M5,10) in the bookshelf. However, to get to that room, you are going to need the right key (M5,6).
- On top, you need to fix the lift mechanism. For this, you are going to need the Patinated Cog, in the Patination Chamber (M5,12) in the chest on the left.
- As soon as you fix all of the elements, you only need to pull the lever. This starts quite a long sequence.
- It is safest to stand in the center of the platform. After a while, it stops and you will have to defeat several opponents. After the fight you only need to switch the lever again and you will be transferred to the top of the Western tower.
- If you decide to defend yourself at the rims of the platform, one of your allies may irreversibly die. Even if you save him, you are going to fight monsters.
- If you have a character with the level of Mechanics of at least 10, you can try to fix the platform, although you will succeed only at the 3rd or 4th attempt. Thanks to this you will avoid fighting with any opponents.
Important NPCs in Durgan's Battery Interior
Korbal (M5,1) - Merchant that sells weapons, potions, scrolls and camping supplies.
Types of opponents and monsters in Durgan's Battery Interior
Young Skuldrak - A small flying opponent. It is not too difficult to defeat, because it does not have too much health.
Skuldrak Screecher - an opponent of medium difficulty with high constitution and health points, which deals little damage. During fight it uses several simple special abilities.
Skuldrak - A larger and more formidable version of Skuldrak Screecher. It has a higher level of constitution and uses a bit more damaging special abilities.
Forge Guardian - A well armored opponents that is resistant to majority of your attacks. His special attack is not too strong, but he has quite a few abilities connected with invulnerability to your attacks, and he usually comes in groups of other opponents.
Flame Blight - A strong opponent connected with the element of fire. It has few constitution points, but it makes up for that with strong magic attacks.
Magma Blight - A small elemental of fire. It often comes in larger groups. It does not deal too much damage, but it is resistant to your attacks. It uses abilities connected with the element of fire.