The Great Hall M9 - description and map of the sub location | The White March Part I
Pillars of Eternity Guide
Key points of PoE White March Part I M9 - The Great Hall
Important areas on the map
Exits from locations
Locked doors or chests
Important NPC's (quest givers, traders etc.)
New potential team members
Dangerous enemies (bosses, elite monsters etc.)
Exit to the battery's walls. You will find there some valuable items, but nothing more.
You will receive several valuable items and key to armory if you do one of these things: Use torch, use hammer and chisel, use spell Fan of flames, Ray of fire, Burst of summer flame, Swift strike or Barbaric blow.
You can open the door using Guard's key (02). Take Durgan iron ingot from the chest and from the bookshelf last part of the helmet - side quest "Garodh's chorus".
Detailed description of opening the door you will find in "White Forge" main quest.
M4 – Exit to Durgan's battery.
M10 – Stairs to The Mines.
The map above presents The Great Hall, i.e. first floor of the Durgan's Battery. There aren't many interesting things around here. You have to move carefully, as there's a lot of traps and groups of stronger enemies scattered around the area. If you want to get to the lower level, read the description of the White Forge quest. While travelling through The Great Hall, you will be able to hear the conversations of its former residents.
Important places in The Great Hall
2. Frozen dwarves
There's a group of frozen dwarves inside the room. If you want to collect a number of valuable items from their bodies, you will first have to thaw them. This can be accomplished by:
- Applying a torch;
- Use Mortal & Pestle;
- Use Fan of Flames, the first level spell of your mage;
- Use Ray of Fire, the second level spell of your druid;
- Use Barbaric Blow, a Barbarian class ability
- Use Swift Strikes, a Monk class ability
From their bodies, you will get, among others, a key to the armory (M9,3).
In order to get to the armory, you must first acquire the appropriate key. You will find it inside one of the frozen dwarves' (M9,2) bodies.
As soon as you enter the room, collect a helmet from the shelf located near the Northern wall. Thanks to that, you will finish the Garodh's Chorus quest.
In order to open the door, you must accomplish one of the following:
- The easiest solution is to simply select whatever option you desire and force a fight. The enemies are quite demanding, but at your level you should be able to deal with them without a problem. Afterwards, the door will be opened.
- You can also tell that the Leaden Key Brotherhood is searching for something in the blacksmith. Afterwards, mention Zoltan and you will be admitted to enter.
- By having Resolve on at least 12th level, you will be able to say that Exandru has invited you. Afterwards, say that you are going to pray to the Abydon. The door will be opened.
- If you tell that you want to learn the secrets of the White Forge, or that you are only looking around, or that you want to acquire a weapon, you will be immediately attacked.
Quests to unlock in The White Forge
Main quests: The White Forge - all you have to do is to enter The Great Hall.
Types of enemies and monsters in The Great Hall
Battery Defenders - Ghosts of dwarves, which protect the walls of the stronghold. They can be found as a ghost of almost every class, from warriors to rangers. They are encountered in groups of 2 to 3. They aren't the strongest foes you will face.