This Phasmophobia game guide contains all the relevant information you need to get started quickly. The first chapter has the basics of the gameplay, including items necessary for every ghost hunter, how to obtain evidence, what is the Hunt phase is and how it occurs, as well as a list of all types of ghosts. It also contains important start-up tips that will make the game easier.
The second chapter of this guide is a FAQ that answers questions about the game, such as whether Phasmophobia can be played alone, whether VR goggles are necessary for fun, whether the game has a matchmaking system, what the Crucifix is, and how to use it, and whether ghosts can hear what you say to them.
Our guide ends with a page about the controls and system requirements of the PC game Phasmophobia. On a separate page, we also describe the most common problems with the game and present solutions for them.
Phasmophobia is an unusual survival horror game, which was developed for 4-person co-op mode and virtual reality, but you can also play it alone and without a VR headset. In the game, players form a team of hunters and explore haunted locations to find evidence of the existence of ghosts. The independent studio Kinetic Games is responsible for the development and release of this production.
Tips for a good start
- Equipment: all items such as flashlight, camera, candle, UV light, etc. you can buy in the ghost hunters' main room and take them with you on missions. You will keep the items only if you return from the mission safe and sound;
- Setup phase: you have only 5 minutes to prepare for the mission, so take the key immediately, enter the building and start looking for signs of the ghosts' presence - during this time the should not attack you;
- Goal: during each mission, your goal is to collect enough evidence to determine the type of ghost that haunts the building;
- Ghost attacks: ghosts can attack anywhere, but they only haunt one room. When they get angry, they'll attack and kill anyone they catch.;
- Communication: during missions, you can communicate with your team using voice chat or radio - then the voices will be slightly distorted (they sound like coming from walkie-talkies), but they can be used for communication over a longer distance;
- Heartbeat: when you hear a thumping heartbeat it means that the spirit is near you. To avoid death, quickly hide in a closet or other hiding place, turn off the lights and don't make any sounds;
- Sprint: your character runs fast enough to escape from the ghost if you don't get stuck on some obstacle (like furniture) or rush to the corner of the room;
- Microphone: whether you use the push to talk option or your microphone is on all the time, everything you say will be heard by ghosts.
For more detailed tips and tricks go to the Tips to start page in our guide.
System requirements for Phasmophobia =
- Operating system: Windows 10 64-bit;
- CPU: Intel Core i5-4590 3.3 GHz / AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz;
- GPU: GeForce GTX 970 4GB / Radeon R9 290 or better;
- RAM: 8 GB;
- Disk space: 13 GB available space.
For more information about Phasmophobia system requirements, see a separate chapter in this guide: PC system requirements.
About Phasmophobia Guide
Author : Lukasz "Qwert" Telesinski for gamepressure.com
Translator : Mateusz "Ictius" Sawka
last update : November 3, 2020
Use the comments below to submit your updates and corrections to this guide.
Phasmophobia Video Game
- genre: Adventure
- developer: Kinetic Games
- publisher: Kinetic Games
- platform: PC