This page of the guide informs how long it takes to complete Divinity Original Sin 2. Depending on the approach you've taken, the time need to complete the game will differ - you can focus only on the main story, complete side quests, visit optional locations or try to get all trophies, including the platinum.
- Divinity Original Sin 2 is a very long and extensive RPG - you should expect a lot of content and spend a lot of hours to finish the game. The game is long even if you play on lower difficulty level and skip a lot of optional content. Nevertheless, such approach is very inadvisable, as you won't experience e.g. many interesting side quests or find carefully hidden loot.
- The main story takes about 60 hours. This is an expected time when playing on normal difficulty level and skipping most of optional exploration and side quests. It should be mentioned that many quests found in game (main and side) contain various decisions which may influence the course of the quest as well as the whole game. If you want to check various outcomes of your decisions, the playing time will increase.
- All optional activities from Divinity Original Sin 2 extend the playing time by about 40 to 50 hours. We are left with many side missions, but a lot of time is spent on exploration. The world of the game is filled with treasures, and reaching the most valuable ones may require solving a puzzle or defeating difficult opponents.
- Your progress may be hindered by various puzzles. Some of them are optional, but there are a few ones which are mandatory to advance in the main story. Of course, our guide contains solutions to all the puzzles found in this game.
- Unsuccessful attempts to defeat a major boss or other powerful enemies may also halt our progress. Some opponents can be a major challenge for the party, even if you're playing on one of the lower difficulty levels. The problems may arise from e.g. number advantage or the fact that the opponent has access to powerful spells. The most difficult encounters are listed in a separate chapter.
- The platinum trophy will require you to spend at least 100 hours. The biggest obstacle on your way to the platinum trophy is completing the game on the highest difficulty level - Honour Mode. Moreover, to unlock some of the trophies, you'll have to complete certain side quests or make specific decisions.
- Getting all trophies is harder on PC than on consoles, as the PC version has more achievements than the PS4/XONE version (PC has 97).