In Divinity Original Sin 2, in the center of The Gargoyle's Maze you can find a burning person that calls for help. The Historian is cursed to suffer forever in fire (Hellfire status) and these flames can't be extinguished with water. Our guide shows a way that has 100% chance of succeding. You simply have to follow the instructions that are below. So, how to get rid of Hellfire and Curse statuses and, what is the most important thing, how to extinguish The Historian in 3 steps?
Step 1: Create a pool of blood!
You need a blood pool somewhere near the suffering Historian. You can do that in a few ways:
- You may have been wounded during the fight with The Historian's guardians. Use a blood pool that was created from your wounds;
- Use Sebille's ability called Flesh Sacrifice (or you can select any other rouge from your team). This creates a blood pool in the place where this ability was used;
- Attack one of your characters with another one - this also creates blood stains;
- Use spell/scroll from Necromancy school called Raining Blood. It works similarly to a regular Rain spell but instead of creating water, it creates blood pools.
Step 2: Teleport The Historian!
You have a blood pool. Now, you must teleport the suffering man right on it.
- Use Teleportation on The Historian - you can use the gloves that you got during The Teleporter quest or a Teleportation scroll;
- Teleport The Historian right on the blood pool!
Step 3: Cast Bless on The Historian!
The flames disappeared but you can notice that The Historian has Cursed status effect on him. He will also say out loud that although he isn't burning anymore, he is still wounded. There is one thing that you can do:
- Cast Bless on The Historian;
- If you currently have no Source Points, you can notice that there is a Source Pond next to The Historian. You can gather Source Point from there!
What you should not do?
- The Internet lies. You don't need Rain scroll nor Raining Blood ability in order to remove the spells from The Historian. You simply need a blood pool. The way in which it was created is up to you.
- Don't cast Bless on The Historian while he is burning - Bless won't extinguish the flames. You need a blood pool first because it can put out the flames. You can notice that even though The Historian isn't burning anymore, he still suffers from Curse status. This is the moment in which you must cast Bless.
- Don't cast Bless on blood - creating Blessed Blood won't do anything. Blood pool->teleportation->Bless.
These three steps can help you in removing the spells from The Historian and, after that, you will be able to speak with him. You learn who he is and why he ended in a such bad situation.