On this page of the guide to Monster Hunter Rise, you will find the most important information about the Teostra.. You will learn about its weak spots and elemental vulnerabilities. At the end, we presented a list of rewards for defeating Teostra and some tips for fighting this monster.
- Habitats: Sandy Plains, Lava Caverns
- Type: Elder Dragon
- Degree level: 8/10
- Weakness: Water, Ice
- Immunity: Fire
- Debuffs: Fireblight, Blastscourge
- Elements: Fire
To unlock the quest associated with this monster, your hunter must reach 40 HR.
The above image lists all the parts of the monster's body and their susceptibility to particular weapon types and elements. The higher the number, the more damage is dealt.
The following are the most effective attacks:
- in the head with any kind of weapon, ice or water-enhanced;
- in the front legs with a sharp or blunt weapon, water or ice-enhanced;
- in the wings with a sharp or blunt weapon, water-enhanced;
- in the neck with a sharp or blunt weapon, water or ice-enhanced;
Theostra is weak against:
Above, you will find a list of all the rare items you can get by defeating this monster. Some of them are necessary to make particular weapons or armor.
- Teostra inflicts fire damage - hence we recommend choosing the right armor. Kushal Daora armor has an ability that increases the power of ice and water attacks, as well as nullifies damage from Teostra's fire attacks;
- Teostra's armor has different states and can give different statuses to the monster. By knocking down Teostra, you can remove its armor - focus your attacks on the monster's head;
- When Teostra's entire body burns, it becomes immune to Hunter's attacks. Only the tail and head of the monster are susceptible to damage. Choosing a ranged weapon with the element of water or ice will give the best results against the beast. Teostra's burning body also deals passive damage to hunters who stand too close to the monster;
- Watch out for explosive fireballs shoot by Teostra. The monster can ignite any of them at any time;
- Teostra has an attack called Supernova - it's a powerful area attack. As soon as you notice that Supernova animation starts, immediately use the Wirebug to move away quickly to a safe place. Breaking the horn on the monster's head will reduce the range and power of this attack;
- Try to attack while standing on the side of Teostra. Attacking the monster from the front may be too reckless;
- When you deal enough damage to the monster's head, its face will turn blue, and the armor will fall off. Use this moment to perform a combination of attacks.