The following page of the Monster Hunter Rise guide contains the most important information about the monster called Kulu-Ya-Ku You will learn about its weak spots and elemental vulnerabilities. At the very end, we listed the rewards for defeating Kulu-Ya-Ku and some tips on how to fight this monster.
- Habitats: Shrine Ruins, Sandy Ruins, Flooded Forest, Lava Caverns
- Class: Bird Wyvern
- Difficulty level: 2/10
- Weaknesses: Water, Fire, Lightning, Ice, Dragon
- Resistances: None
- Status effects: None
- Elements: None
The above image lists all the parts of the monster's body and their susceptibility to particular weapon types and elements. The higher the number, the more damage is dealt.
The following are the most effective attacks:
- in the head with a water-element sharp or blunt weapon;
- on the foreclaws with a water-element sharp or blunt weapon;
- on the tail with a water-element sharp or blunt weapon.
Kulu-Ya-Ku is susceptible to:
Above you will find a list of all the usual and rare items that you can get by fighting this monster. Some of them are necessary to make particular weapons or armor.
- Kulu-Ya-Ku can throw eggs or large stones at you. It can also use the stones to protect itself from the hunter, so avoid this by attacking its sides or using a ranged weapon. If your attacks cause the monster to falter, it will drop the held object, which will then break;
- Using a flash bomb on the monster will blind it and make it drop the object it is holding, which will sometimes confuse the beast and expose it to your attacks;
- When the monster is on the ground, focus on attacking its head as it's the weakest point on its body. Once Kulu-Ya-Ku is knocked down, it won't be able to use its powerful beak attacks;
- Kulu-Ya-Ku can perform a jump attack, but once it lands, it will need some time to regain its balance. Use this moment to deliver a few well-aimed hits.