Below, you will find a list of tips connected to Mother Base, especially to the matter of managing it properly and also some aspects that are not fully explained in the game, but are very important.
- Try to develop all the platforms to level 2 as soon as you can. When upgrading to level 3 and 4, your priorities should be R&D platform (new inventions), Command platform (more personnel) and Base Development platform (more resources). Every upgrade is of course quite expensive, so complete missions regularly and Fulton containers with resources to fund such an operation.
- Never spend all your GMP on new research projects or on developing Mother Base. You should always have 100-200 thousands GMP, because it may turn out that you need credits to complete a mission (Fultoning some heavy equipment or calling for support drops).
- Every time you explore the game world, look for resources (for example boxes, containers with materials or plants that can be gathered). Plants are often located around landing sites, so before you get to the machine to leave the mission area, search for something to gather.
- Sending allies to complete missions is also connected with a risk that the mission will fail and they will be injured (they will be transported to Medical Platform) or may even die. Send your people only when the risk of failing the missions is low. Moreover, wait with completing the most difficult unique missions (the ones with a yellow dot) until you recruit enough highly skilled people.
- At the beginning of the game, try to focus on inventing upgrades for Fultoning device, which will give you more balloons and you will also be able to Fulton heavy equipment (containers with resources, vehicles, anti-air batteries, etc). Moreover, focus on inventions that will provide you with a better stealth outfit and new silenced weapons (assault rifle, pistol, sniper rifle). You should also take care about your companions. Armors for D-Dog will be especially helpful, as they will allow to kill and knock out enemies.
- Increase the number of personnel with A and S ranks. You can achieve it by Fultoning elite NPCs connected to optional objectives in missions. You can also invent an upgrade for the binoculars that will allow you to scan enemies for their ranks. Then, you can ignore weaker potential recruits and focus and Fultoning the stronger ones.
- All the operations in Mother Base are done in real time. It applies to completing Dispatch missions or running research projects. The time goes when you're not playing the game as well. Remember about it, because sometimes a single action requires several hours. Regularly check if you can send people on a new mission or if you can start a new project. Moreover, try to log into the game every day to obtain rewards from the Rewards menu in Mother Base tab (they are Mother base Coins, GMP or resources).