The Heroism Score is the MGS way of showing your reputation. Basically it increases during the heroic actions and gets lower if you will hurt some innocent peopled. The higher is your Heroism Score the more often will new people recruit to your Mother Ship. You may check your Score after every mission on the score screen as well as in the bottom right corner of your iDroid.
You may increase your Heroism Score mostly through the:
- completing the side tasks during the missions
- neutralizing the enemies instead of killing them and fultoning them to the Mother Base
- saving the hostages
- taking the control over the enemy posts and bases
- sending your subordinates on the Dispatch Missions
- saving the animals by fultoning them away or putting them into the cages.
Your Score will decrease if because of you an innocent person will die, for example if you will not rescue a hostage which is sentenced to death. You also need to avoid failing the side tasks, for example by destroying an important cargo which you supposed to secure and fulton away.