General information on the mission
The tenth mission of Metal Gear Solid V is much shorter than the previous ones and, with favorable conditions, you can complete it in as little as several minutes. Its theme is rescuing the wounded prisoner Malak and there are several ways in which you can do this, e.g. by attacking the convoy that he is on, or by busting him out of prison. Apart from that, there are five other prisoners that you can rescue and, in spite of their status as a secondary objective, they are quite important, because there is the transportation specialist who will enable you to develop CARGO 2 (the fultoning device).
Objectives available in the mission
- PRIMARY (1/1): Extracted the Mujahideen prisoner called Malak - At the beginning of the mission, he is being kept near the Lamar Khaate Palace, but then he is transferred to Yakho Oboo Supply Outpost. You can rescue him when the convoy is under way, or after it reaches its destination. After you have freed Malak, you need to deliver him to the chopper landing spot, or get him outside of the mission area (he cannot be fultoned).
- SECONDARY (1/4): Extracted the escort vehicle - this vehicle follows the jeep that Malak is being transported on. It is best to halt the convoy (with an obstacle on the road) and sneak up to the APC/ Of course, you need to have the CARGO 2 upgrade.
- SECONDARY (2/4): Extracted 3 prisoners being held at Lamar Khaate Palace) - You need to do this at the very beginning of the mission, or the prisoners will be killed. Two of them are being held inside the destroyed palace, and the third one in the cage, right next to the building.
- SECONDARY (3/4): Extracted 2 prisoners being held at Yakho Oboo Supply Outpost) - They are being held in a locked room at the ground floor of the base. It is best to sneak up there and carry each one of the prisoners to a room with a hole in the ceiling (a perfect spot for fultoning).
- SECONDARY (4/4): Listened to the last conversation between the transport truck driver and Malak - You need to infiltrate the Yakho Oboo Supply Outpost unseen and, after Malak is transferred here, listen to the conversation. You can stay in the neighboring room, or use the binoculars with microphone, to do this remotely
It would be better if you played this mission after dark, i.e. pick 18:00 as the starting time. This will make it considerably easier to rescue Malak, regardless of whether you are going to attack the convoy or get him out of the enemy base. Apart from that, this will make it easier to rescue the other five prisoners. While playing this mission for the first time, pick the D-Horse as your buddy, thanks to which you will get to the convoy, or to the Northern base faster. While replaying it, it is a better idea to use the D-Dog that will easily find the prisoners for extraction.
As for equipment, make sure that you are wearing the suit that provides you with the best camouflage, because you can be easily spotted, while sneaking between enemy bases and while out in the open. Also, you can take a rocket launcher along, if you are going to attack the convoy with Malak, and you do not yet have the CARGO 2 upgrade.