General info about the mission
In the eight mission in Metal Gear Solid V, you will face enemy war machines for the first time. In this case, it will be two tanks (one of the mandatory objectives in this mission is to destroy them). You can of course use a rocket launcher to eliminate the tanks, but the game provides a few alternative solutions, like for example using the gear that you find during the mission. As always, there are a few optional objectives, for example rescuing a prisoner and extracting an enemy colonel.
- PRIMARY (1/3): Secured the deployment plans - the plans are located in one of the upper buildings in Qarya Sakhra Ee. You have to get them before enemy convoy reaches the mission area (by default, obtaining the plans should lead to the convoy arriving).
- PRIMARY (2/3): Eliminated the colonel - he will arrive with the convoy and you will find him inside the truck. The best way is just to blow up the whole truck. Note - killing the colonel will block the possibility to complete the first optional objective (exfiltrating him).
- PRIMARY (3/3): Eliminated all tanks - by default, the convoy will appear on the map after you obtain the plans (mandatory objective number 1). You can attack it on the way or after it reaches its destination, which is Da Smasei Laman. There are two tanks to destroy.
- SECONDARY (1/4): Extracted the colonel - this objective cannot be completed if you complete the second mandatory objective. You can try to stop the convoy (or just the truck) somehow, or ambush the colonel after he gets to Da Smasei Laman.
- SECONDARY (2/4): Eliminated the colonel and all tanks before they reached Smasei Fort - it is best to deal with this task when completing the second and the third mandatory objective. You can use a rocket launcher or for example take to armored vehicle from outpost number 10.
- SECONDARY (3/4): Extracted the prisoner being held at Sahkra Ee village - you will find the prisoner in one of the buildings located in the lower part of the village. Carry him outside and fulton him.
- SECONDARY (4/4): Extracted all tanks - you can Fulton the tanks after you stop the convoy (sneak close to them), or when they reach Da Smasei Laman. You need to have CARGO 2 upgrade, because only then will you be able to Fulton the heaviest objects.
It is not necessary to complete this mission at night. Choosing daytime may actually make it easier for you to aim at the vehicles in the convoy (if you plan to destroy them). As for the equipment, try to unlock GROM-11 rocket launcher, or a better one (if you have the materials and proper personnel). Taking it on the mission is not required, but will make it much easier for you to complete it. Also, check if you have any pieces of equipment that you could use to stop the convoy (for example landmines).