General information on the mission
The fifth mission of Metal Gear Solid V takes place in the enemy barracks, from which you need to extract the imprisoned engineer. There are several ways in which you can infiltrate the barracks and the description provide in this walkthrough makes it easier to avoid detection. Just like in the previous missions, apart from the main objective, you can take up several side assignments - rescuing another prisoner, finding a blueprint and stealing the military vehicle.
Objectives available in the mission
- PRIMARY (1/1): Extracted the captive engineer - He is being kept in the basement of one of the buildings in the Northern part of the Wakh Sind Barracks. The engineer is being guarded by, at least, two guards. After you find him, carry him outside, or fulton him through the hole in the ceiling, thanks to which you complete the side objective of the mission.
- SECONDARY (1/4): Extracted the engineer through the hole in the facility's basement ceiling - This is the best method of extracting the engineer, especially that you do not need to carry him anywhere and risk detection. The hole is in one of the rooms adjacent to the one with the prisoner.
- SECONDARY (2/4): Extracted the prisoner plotting to escape from Wakh Sind Barracks - You can find the escaped prisoner behind rocks in the upper part of the Wakh Sind Barracks, i.e. the one that you can reach by, e.g. climbing. You simply need to locate him and send him to the Mother Base using the balloon.
- SECONDARY (3/4): Extracted the four-wheel drive patrolling between outposts - The car that you are looking for is an off-road car. You can either wait for it to stop at the Wakh Sind Barracks, stop it on the road or go to one of the smaller outposts and set an ambush there. You can fulton the car (send it away on a balloon) only after you have unlocked the CARGO 2 upgrade (requires you to request the research at the Mother Base, after you meet all the requirements).
- SECONDARY (4/4): Secured the blueprint at Wakh Sind Barracks - The blueprints are inside one of the smaller buildings in the upper part of the Wakh Sind Barracks. You can either find it on your own or interrogate one of the guards to learn about its whereabouts.
It is a good idea to start this mission at night or in the evening, right before the guard change takes place, thanks to which the barracks will not be as heavily guarded. You do not need to take any specific weapons for this mission. Just try to equip the Big Boss with the outfit that provides it with the camouflage possible.