General information on the mission
The fourth mission of Metal Gear Solid V is a bit longer than the previous one. This is the result of a greater variety of the side missions that you are assigned here. One of them even requires you to a quite distant village. Just like in the case of the previous mission,. The two primary objectives exclude each other. You can sabotage communications equipment by destroying the antennas or by destroying the transmitter on one of the buildings. Therefore, to complete all of the objectives, you will have to replay the mission at least once.
Objectives available in the mission
- PRIMARY (1/2): Destroyed the comms equipment at the Eastern Communications Post - These are three antennas in various spots of the base. You can destroy them using, e.g. the grenade launcher, the C4 or grenades. Note - if you destroy antennas, you will not be able to complete primary objective 2, where you need to sabotage the transmitter (even if you destroy the transmitter, the objective will not count as completed).
- PRIMARY (2/2): Destroyed the transmitter at the Eastern Communications Post - The transmitter is at the ground level of one of the buildings within the base. Note - if you destroy the transmitter, you will not be able to complete primary objective 1, where you need to destroy the three antennas (even if you blow them up, the objective will not count as completed).
- SECONDARY (1/4): Identified the comms equipment at the Eastern Communications Post - this objective is connected with primary objective 1. You need to use the binocular to locate and destroy all three antennas. Do this before you start destroying them.
- SECONDARY (2/4): Secured the rough diamonds hidden near the Eastern Communications Post - You need to examine the narrow path to the South of the base. The diamond is difficult to spot and it is on the rocks. It should be added that interrogating one of the soldiers should help you find it (the location of the diamond is then marked on the map).
- SECONDARY (3/4): Extracted 2 prisoners being held at Da Wialo Kallai village - You should complete this objective before you head to the main base, because this will be impossible later on. You can find the prisoners on your own, or interrogate the guards in the village, to learn their whereabouts.
- SECONDARY (4/4): Extracted the materials container from the Eastern Communications Post - The container is in the central part of the base, near the road. It will be possible to fulton it only after you have unlocked CARGO 2 upgrade (requires you to request research into that at the Mother Base, after you meet all the requirements).
The best time of the day to start this mission is after dark, so pick 18:00 as the starting moment. Make sure that you have taken along C4 explosives, if you want to destroy the transmitter, or frag grenades if you want to blow up the antennas (fortunately, the grenades are also at the enemy base).