General information on the mission
The first one of the Metal Gear Solid V's missions is relatively long and you can spend, as long as, over an hour on completing it. Although completing the main objective is not that time-consuming, time spend with the mission may be extended, due to the side missions and a more in-depth exploration of the area. While completing this mission for the first time, ignore the side mission of extracting the barracks commander and the truck driver. It is a good idea to leave that until you have unlocked the option to fulton them (i.e. to extract men and equipment using balloons).
Tasks available in the mission
- PRIMARY (1/1): Extracted Kazuhira Miller - he has been imprisoned in one of the buildings of the Da Ghwandai Khar village, in the Eastern part of the mission area. You can either go there immediately, or determine his whereabouts first (1st secondary objective). You complete this objective only towards the end of the mission, i.e. after you have loaded Kazuhira into the chopper.
- SECONDARY (1/5): Pinpointed Kazuhira Miller's whereabouts - It is not your primary objective, although the game encourages you to complete it before you take on the primary objective. You need to reach the Da Wialo Kallai village and find the documents inside one of the buildings (in the central part of the village).
- SECONDARY (2/5): Extracted the commander from Wakh Sind Barracks - Wakh Sind Barracks are in the Northern part of the map. You should take interest in it only after you start completing the mission for the first time, because you will then have access to "fultoning" (extracting people with balloons) and without this, reaching the objective will be very complicated.
- SECONDARY (3/5): Completed the mission without being discovered by the Skulls - You encounter the Skulls towards the end of the mission, while you are trying to extract Kazuhira Miller. You can try and distract them, or wait for them to scatter and sneak past them.
- SECONDARY (4/5): Secured the rough diamonds hidden in Spugmay Keep - Spugmay Keep is the starting location for this mission, so you can complete this objective at the very beginning. The only thing you need to do is find the rough diamond on one of the rocky ledges, close to the ruins.
- SECONDARY (5/5): Extracted the transport truck driver - The driver is travelling around all of the outposts and villages within the mission area. You can either lurk and wait for him, in one of such spots, or attack him on the road. You should take interest in this objective only after you have already completed the mission once, when you will have access to fultoning (extracting people with balloons), because without it the mission will be very complicated.
Preparations for the mission
The game will not allow you to prepare for this mission during your first attempt however you may do during your next try. You don't need to take with yourself any specific equipment however you may make use of some nice camouflage or some silencing items to reduce the noises you make while moving. You will also be unable to choose a specific time since the mission will begin during the late afternoon.