A handful of tips
- In order to get 100%, you have to: complete each mission (24) on each year while obtaining the title of a True Wizard and completing the Crests, save all the Students in Peril (50), collect all Red (20) and Gold (200) Bricks and obtain all 167 Character Tokens. Additionally you have to buy every Character Token, Red Bricks and additional spells;
- Destroy everything you come across - collecting studs will allow you to get the True Wizard title and will also come in handy for buying characters and other bonuses at the Diagon Alley;
- If you didn't get the True Wizard title at a given level, don't worry about it - you will have to replay each level anyway in order to collect the bonus items. Before you repeat them however, it's worth to collect red bricks with score multipliers - they sum up to x3840, which will allow you to collect a massive amount of studs;
- Some character have special abilities, for example those with a book can read the markings on a wardrobe and open it, goblins open locks (they have keys), while characters which use black magic can get into previously inaccessible places;
- If you have problems with locating a certain bonus, search for red bricks which mark the locations;
Spells and magic abilities
In the guide, spells are referred to by shortcuts - take a look at the table to learn which shortcut corresponds to which spell. They are group in order in which you will obtain them in the game. Each learnt spell/ability will give you a Gold Brick.
NOTICE: You don't get a Gold Brick for mastering the Time Turner ability.
Wingardium Leviosa / Dark Magic
(WL) / (DM)
The most commonly used spell - it lifts up objects. / Dark Magic - the equivalent of (WL) for bad character.
It creates a stream of light - use it against the Devil's Snare.
Temporarily increases strength. Used to pull chains.
Lumos upgrade - allows to attack from a distance.
A passive ability, you can fly on a broom after learning it.
Slows down the target or freezes an object. Eliminates Cornish pixies.
Disarms (knocks away) an enemy.
A passive ability, it allows to talk with snakes.
Allows you to change the character to one of the other available.
You learn that you have to wear earmuffs and place the creature in a pot.
Changes a Boggart into something funny.
You learn how to handle Buckbeak and how to ride it.
A passive ability. You are able to read the future from tea dregs.
A defensive spell, used to eliminate Dementors.
A passive ability. You are able to turn back time - you will find clocks in specific rooms.
It ages you and gives you a beard, thanks to which you can cross through barriers requiring such persons.
Destroys silver objects, turning them into dust.
Just like in the previous LEGO games, the studs have given values:
Silver - 10
Yellow - 100
Blue - 1,000
Purple - 10,000
In each level, during each year, you will find Hogwarts Crests - each consisting of four parts: Gryffindor (red), Slytherin (green), Hufflepuff (yellow), Ravenclaw (blue). You get a Gold Brick for completing each Crest.
There are 167 Tokens in total in the game. After collecting each, you have to then buy the character at Madam Malkin's in order to be able to use them in the Free Play mode. In the [Characters] section, you will find a list of all the characters in the order from the shop.
Students in Peril
There are 50 students in total to save in the game. You get a Gold Brick for helping each of them.
In total, there are 20 Red Bricks in the game (plus 4 available from the very beginning). Each time you find a Red Brick, you have to send it using an owl to the Eeyelops Owl Emporium, where, after buying them, you can unlock various bonuses. Below you will find a list of Red Bricks, their cost (in brackets) and the locations where you can get them.
1. Singing Mandrake (75,000) - Greenhouse 2 (M3.31)
2. Character Token Detector (250,000) - Dungeon (M4.41)
3. Fall Rescue (125,000) - Harry's Dorm (M2.16)
4. Character Studs (75,000) - Great Hall (M1.3)
5. Score x2 (200,000) - Clock Tower (M3.33)
6. Score x4 (400,000) - Slytherin Dorm (M2.14)
7. Score x6 (600,000) - Muggle Artifacts Room (M2.9)
8. Score x8 (800,000) - Boys' Restroom (M1.5)
9. Score x10 (1,000,000) - Potions Class 2 (M4.43)
10. Character Token Detector (250,000) - Quidditch Gate (M3.26)
11. Regenerate Hearts (50,000) - Gear Room (M4.50)
12. Extra Hearts (75,000) - Charms Class Basement 1 (M4.40)
13. Invincibility (500,000) - Dumbledore's Office (M2.10)
14. Red Brick Detector (250,000) - Restricted Section (M1.7)
15. Hogwarts Crest Detector (250,000) - Ravenclaw Common Room (M2.21)
16. Gold Brick Detector (250,000) - Owlery Tower (M3.35)
17. Christmas (80,000) - Hufflepuff Dorm (M2.19)
18. Collect Ghost Studs (99,000) - Clock Tower Courtyard (M3.28)
19. Fast Magic (75,000) - DADA Class 2 (M4.46)
20. Fast Dig (60,000) - Forest Path (M3.24)
There are 200 Gold Bricks in total:
24 Gold Bricks - for finishing each level
24 Gold Bricks - for getting the True Wizard title on each level
24 Gold Bricks - for completing the Hogwarts Crest on each level
50 Gold Bricks - for saving the Students in
34 Gold Bricks - scattered throughout Hogwarts
16 Gold Bricks - for completing each class in Hogwarts
12 Gold Bricks - available at the Eeylops Owl Emporium
10 Gold Bricks - for finishing each level at Gringott's
4 Gold Bricks - in the basement of the Leaky Cauldron
1 Gold Brick - at Diagon Alley
1 Gold Brick - at Knockturn Alley
True Wizard bar
At each level, during each year, you can get the True Wizard status for collecting enough studs. Just destroy everything you come across. The score multipliers will make things easier, which you can get obtaining appropriate Red Bricks. In return for filling up the studs bar, you will receive an additional Gold.
Leaky Cauldron and Diagon Alley
The door leads to Hogwarts - you will move to the castle, where you can freely move throughout the rooms or go to the marked spot in order to complete a story mission.
The board allows you to replay levels - also in Free Play mode, where you can choose which character you want to play with.
Go up the stairs to reach a room in which you can watch all the movies you've seen up until now.
In the store, you can buy bonus character collected during the game #1. In the changing room #2 you can change into a created suit.
Eeylops Owl Emporium
In the store you can buy 12 Gold Bricks #1 for 6,600,000 in total. In the upper part you will find Red Bricks #2, which - after finding them - you can buy and get various bonuses. Activate them in Menu -> Bonuses.
Wiseacre's Wizarding Supplies
In the shop you can find some additional spells #1 and input codes on the board #2.
Borgin and Burkes - all the Gold Bricks you've collected are stored in this shop. After getting all 200, come to the shop to play a bonus level.
In Gringott's Bank, you can play 10 bonus levels, mixing all the abilities you've learned throughout the game. You can access the Vaults after collecting 5 Gold Bricks. Each next level requires 5 more Bricks to unlock.