This guide to LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 contains a complete set of information that each young magician needs in order to finish the game in 100%. Apart from some basic information on the gameplay mechanics, Hogwarts, spells and The Leaky Cauldron you will find a description of all the mission you have to complete during each year spent in the castle as well as a detailed description of the bonus items - Red and Gold Bricks, Character Tokens and Crests. Additionally you will find a map of Hogwarts which will prevent you from getting lost in this castle, full of passages and corridors. There's also a list of bonus locations and characters in a convenient form.
Artur "Arxel" Justynski
Markings used in the guide
Our guide to LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 uses various color markings. Thanks to them you will have an easier time finding important information.
- Orange is for characters you have to use in a specific situation.
- Green is for moments when you have to cast a spell.
- Blue is for locations in Hogwarts.
- Bronze is for pictures: #1 - picture on the left, #2 - picture on the right.
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 in a nutshell
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 is an adventure action game. You play as a young wizard called Harry Potter, a fictional character created by J.K. Rowling. You will accompany him on his various adventures that happened during his first four years in Hogwarts.
To some extent, the game offers an open structure. Besides the main storyline, you can explore Hogwarts freely and look for additional missions. This gives you a chance to meet with characters known from the books and movies. You can also participate in lessons, learn spells or fly on a broom.
- How to complete the game in 100%? - you have to complete every single mission (24 in total) with True Wizard status, complete house crests, rescue all students (50 in total), collect all Red (20 in total) and Gold (200 in total) Bricks, collect all 167 character tokens. Besides that, you also have to purchase all character tokens, Red Bricks, and additional spells.
- Destroy every object you come across - collect studs to unlock True Wizard status. You will also need them to purchase new characters or other bonuses available in the Diagon Alley.
- You won't always get True Wizard status during your first playthrough - don't worry if you won't be able to get True Wizard status in a mission - you have to replay each of the missions to get bonus items. Try to find all Red multiplier bricks before you start replaying levels - multipliers stack up (giving you a maximum multiplier of x3840) which will give you a lot of studs.
- Not every character is able to perform all actions - some characters have unique skills, e.g. they are able to read signs on a wardrobe and open it, goblins can open lockers (they are carrying keys), characters who use Dark Magic can access places that aren't available to others.
- Look for Red Bricks - if you have problems with location a specific bonus, find Red Bricks that will point you towards it.
This chapter is a complete walkthrough for the story mode. Here, you can find tips for each of the levels. The most important pages are:
- Year 1, part 1
- Year 1, part 2
- Year 2, part 1
- Year 2, part 2
- Year 3, part 1
- Year 3, part 2
- Year 4, part 1
- Year 4, part 2
Check LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4's system requirements to know whether you can run the game or not:
Minimum system requirements
- OS: Windows XP/Vista
- CPU: Intel Pentium 4 1.8 GHz or AMD Athlon XP 2200+
- GPU: ATI X1300 or NVIDIA GeForce FX 5800 with 256 MB VRAM
- RAM: 512MB
Recommended system requirements
- OS: Windows XP/Vista
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64, 2.8GHz
- GPU: ATI HD 2900 or NVIDIA GeForce 8800
- RAM: 2GB
About LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4 Guide & Walkthrough
Author : Artur "Arxel" Justynski for gamepressure.com
Translator : Jakub "Cilgan" Lasota
last update : May 5, 2016
Guide contains : 20 pages, 1001 images.
Use the comments below to submit your updates and corrections to this guide.
Hot Topics of LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4 Guide & Walkthrough
- LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4: Year 1 Part 1 - Walkthrough LEGO Harry Potter 1-4 guide, walkthrough.
- LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4: Year 2 Part 2 - Walkthrough LEGO Harry Potter 1-4 guide, walkthrough.
- LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4: Year 2 Part 1 - Walkthrough LEGO Harry Potter 1-4 guide, walkthrough.
- LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4: Hogwarts Bonuses - Walkthrough LEGO Harry Potter 1-4 guide, walkthrough.
- LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4: Year 1 Part 2 - Walkthrough LEGO Harry Potter 1-4 guide, walkthrough.