On this page of the LEGO Skywalker Saga game guide, you will find the fifth part of the walkthrough for Episode 1 (The Phantom Menace). Our walkthrough describes the Now This is Podracing level and the accompanying tasks. You will learn, among others how to destroy the command ship's defenses and how to blow up its cores.
Battle of Naboo
After winning the battle against the army of droids, the action will move into space. You have to join the battle with the Droid Command Ship by flying to the marked place. If you confirm that you want to join the fights, you will start the Now This is Podracing level.
Now This is Podracing - challenges
This level features 3 challenges:
- Prodigy - You need to shoot down 3 vulture droids in 5 seconds. Try to get this challenge in the early part of the level - there will be many smaller enemies flying around the stage.
- Spinning... That's a Good Trick! - You have to spin 3 times to avoid enemy sights. The game always informs you that you are being targeted, so you have enough time to do the spin (L1 R1/LB RB). Try to get this challenge early in the game.
- Yippeee! - You have to complete the level without having your ship destroyed. Remember about doing the spins after receiving the lock-on alert, avoid colliding with the main ship and other obstacles. If you lose a bit of energy, move away a bit from the main combat area so that your ship can regain lost durability.
Now This is Podracing - walkthrough
You will be piloting a spaceship throughout the entire level. Your ultimate goal is to destroy the enemy command ship, but this will be a multi-stage process.
During the initial part of the mission, apart from focusing on the mission objectives, you should also keep your unit in good condition. Avoid unnecessary collisions and, after receiving a warning about enemy targeting you, spin to break the lock-on (L1 R1 or LB RB on the controller). This level has no time limit, so you don't have to rush with completing the next mission objectives.
The first part of the mission focuses on weakening the enemy ship's defenses. You have to:
- Destroy 10 enemy spaceships - Make sure that you aim not directly at enemy units, but at the white circles similar to the one shown in the picture above. This is an automatic correction taking into account the distance from the target and the flight path of the projectiles.
- Destroy 10 turrets - They are stationary, but can fire at you.
- Destroy 10 antennas - They are attached to the Droid Command Ship.
As for the turrets and antennas, make sure you check both sides of the ship.
After dealing enough damage, you will have to get inside the command ship - all you have to do is get close to the hole marked by the game.
Go through another wide corridor on your way to the ship's reactor. You can destroy the objects you pass to earn studs, but avoid any collisions.
You will be immobilized at the end of the level, but this is the simplest part of the mission. Just shoot all the targets that appear in front of you - droids and machines. 4 cores will be exposed - they also need to be destroyed. This will complete the level.