"A house Built on Sand" takes place on a relatively big map and it is a good idea to explore it again, because a lot has changed since your last time around. Try to familiarize yourself with routes that both targets take, especially that the meeting will not take place if you do not push the action forward. The most difficult thing to do is access the VIP area in the café, but you can use one of the Opportunities described here.
- Areas visited by Matthieu Mendola
- Infiltrate the VIP area using the invitation- Opportunity: Rent Due
- Infiltrate the VIP area using the backroom key - Opportunity: Gone Shopping
- Places Kong Tuo-Kwang visits
Areas visited by Matthieu Mendola
At the moment the mission starts, Matthieu Mendola is within a short distance of Agent 47 (M10,1). Then, he will head North and until his meeting with Kong Tuo-Kwang (remember that it won't take place if you do not help him), he will be visiting specific locations on the map. These are (in order he visits them):
- Southern part of Shisha Cafe (M10,1) - You can assassinate Mendola here by dropping large neon lights on him.
- Snail stand (M10,2) - Mendola will try a snail the second time he has visited the stand (and on each successive occasion). You can use poison on snails beforehand.
- Spices stand (M10,3) - Mendola will try a snail the second time he has visited the stand (and on each successive occasion). You can use poison on snails beforehand.
- Phone booth (M10,4) - Mendola will be trying to learn from handyman when he will fix the phone. You can distract the handyman and sabotage the phone, thanks to which Mendola will be electrocuted the next time he comes here. Nearby, there is an extension cord that you can sabotage, but you would then have to use a throwable to make your target approach the booth.
- Lamp shop - No opportunities for assassination here.
- Fortune teller's (M10,5) - Mendola wants to listen to the fortune teller. You can distract the fortune teller beforehand and disguise as him. Then, you will be able to assassinate Mendola, after he sits at the table.
- Western street - Mendola will stop briefly at the mirror. There are no opportunities for direct assassination here. Still, when this happens, you can prepare to snipe him down (M10,16).
Infiltrate the VIP area using the invitation- Opportunity: Rent Due
The entrance to the VIP area in Shisha Café (M10,3) is being guarded and bodyguards accept only people with invitations. If you want to end Opportunity: "Rent Due" note the tenement owner. You can follow him, thanks to which you will find that he enters one of the buildings in the Eastern part of the map (M10,4) (it is the building, in which you have earlier used the tunnel to reach the embassy). The entrance to the building is being watched by one of the shopkeepers, but you can distract him, e.g. by activating the alarm of one of the cars parked by the forklift.
Watch out for the lady in the first room of the shop. You do not have to kill her, because you can avoid being spotted by hiding behind the counter and other large objects. On the counter, there is a key to the yard door and it is a good idea to steal it, because you will then be able to open the door out to the yard. After you get there, eliminate the tenement owner in any way you want and take his VIP invitation.
You can also find a VIP invitation in the southern part of the café, in the area where waiters serve the clients (M10,3). This place only seems inaccessible, but you can simply approach the area from the West and hop over the low wall to steal the invitation, when the waiters turn away. Get out of there in the very same way.
Regardless of how you have obtained the invitation, show it to the bodyguards. They will allow you into the VIP area without searching you.
Note - If you have obtained waiter disguise or bodyguard disguise, you do not have to look for the invitation.
Infiltrate the VIP area using the backroom key - Opportunity: Gone Shopping
Another way to enter the VIP area is obtaining the café key. Near the Eastern door (M10,5) , you can find a bodyguard note, where you can find clues as to where to find it. Still, reading it is purely optional.
Reach the carpet shop entrance (M10,8) and wait for the people here to end their conversation. One of the shop assistants will open the door into the building for a moment. Stand close to her and dash through the open door after she turns away and walks away. If you do not make it, wait for the next opportunity, or use, e.g. lockpick, after you make sure that nobody sees you.
Go to the upper floor, where you find a bodyguard looking for a carpet (M10,9). If you want to speed things up, you can kill both the bodyguard and the shop assistant, but it is better to toss a throwable to lure him away and assassinate him there. Regardless of what you did, find key to Shisha Café next to the bodyguard. You can go to the café's back door (M10,5).
There is an alternative way into the VIP area. Start on the rooftop of the building, where the meeting is to take place (M10,12). Climb down onto the lower rooftop shown in the above screenshot and make it over to the café's upper level. There, you will have to slide down the pipe, which will get you into the toilet of the VIP area (M10,10).
Places Kong Tuo-Kwang visits
Kong Tuo-Kwang, up until he receives information that he should leave for the meeting, will be staying in the VIP area of the Shisha Cafe (M10,3). He also travels around several locations:
- Shisha room (M10,7) - You can poison the pipe, even if you are not wearing any disguise.
- The pool (M10,8) - Kwang stops here briefly. You can raise water level in the pool and throw down a lamp to electrocute him.
- Oil lamp room (M10,9) - It is accessible only for the staff, which is why you have to wear waiter disguise or bodyguard disguise. Here, you can start a gas leakage, as a result of which Kwang will die in an explosion.
- Toilets (M10,10) - Kong Tuo-Kwang will only stop to look into the mirror by the toilets. If you want him to enter, you have to poison the shisha mouthpiece. After he enters, you can drown him.