Race Creator GTA 5 guide, walkthrough
Last update: Wednesday, May 25, 2016
The first step to create a race is to choose one of three variations
- Land Race
- Sea Race
- Air Race
- Title - 25 characters max
- Description - 250 characters max
- Photo - this will appear while launching the creation as well as on Rockstar Games Social Club website
- Maximum Players- 2-16
- Race Type - Standard, Rally, GTA
- Route Type - Laps, Point-to-point
- Number of Laps - for laps route type you need to set the number of laps from 2 to 99
- Starting Grid Size - depending on vehicle class set the Starting Grid to small, medium or large
- Available Vehicles - here set which vehicle classes will be available to choose from during the race
- Default Class - set which vehicle class will appear as default
- Default Vehicle - set which vehicle will appear as default (can be switched in the Lobby before the game starts)
- Time of Day - Current, Morning, Noon, Night
- Weather - Current, Clear, Rainy
- Traffic - choose whether civil cars may move around the race route or not
- Wanted Level - choose whether or not the police can pursuit players who broke the law
- Background Music - Action or Pursuit
- Lobby Radio - set the radio station that is playing in the Lobby
- Place Trigger - mark the location on the map where players will gather to join the game
- Lobby Camera - must be placed close to the Starting Point. The area you select will be visible for everyone in the Lobby
- Checkpoints - set checkpoints which stand for the race route
- Weapons - in GTA mode, place weapons on the race route
- Props - enrich the route with such elements as ramps, dumpsters, barriers etc.
- Stunt Jumps - you can allow Stunt Jumps on the race route
- Toggle Radar - switch the zoom level of the Radar
- Delete Options - delete selected elements or clear the entire map
Radio - choose a radio station you want to listen to during the creation process
When the creation is ready you need to test it. Click on test option. A race will start.
After you have finished the test you can make some final changes. If everything is working as planned, you have now two options.
Save - you can invite other players to your game, but your creation will not be available in Rockstar Games Social Club.
Publish - your game goes to the website and others can check it out. The best creations get "Rockstar verified".
After you publish a game, you can edit the creation at any moment. To do this, choose Load Content in creator menu.