Your GTA Online character's skills are measured in 7 statistics bars
- Lung Capacity
The best way to develop skills is to use them.
- Stamina is a very important statistic. The higher its level the more physical effort your character can take. You can run or ride by bicycle for longer periods of time, which is helpful for getting better scores in bicycle races for instance. To develop the skill run a lot and move around by bicycle.
- Shooting is another skill, which is essential for getting a high score in Deathmatch mode. High level of this statistic results in e.g. lower recoil, which makes it easier to keep the gunpoint at an enemy. The skill develops through the use of guns in jobs, Deathmatch games, or at shooting range.
- Strength provides the character with higher endurance in hand-to-hand combat. Moreover, the bigger strength, the higher chances of winning in a game of tennis, golf, and arm wrestling. Develop your strength through doing sports and fist fighting.
- Stealth can be improved by moving around in stealth mode. The higher the stealth statistic, the more quietly you move. This is especially useful in Deathmatch games, as it reduces the range of noise your character makes, thus making them harder to be spot by enemies. To sneak, press the right analogue stick.
- Flying - the higher the flying statistic is, the more maneuverable the plane you are using becomes. Moreover, high flying stat reduces influence of wind on the vehicle. You can improve that by taking part in sky races and flying around Los Santos with your own plane.
- Driving is really important, since cars are the most popular means of transportation. The skill can be improved e.g. by taking part in land races.
- Lung Capacity influences how long you can dive underwater. You can improve the skill through staying under the water.
Your character's rank determines the range of possibilities you have. The higher your rank is, the more things the game has to offer. Through leveling-up you unlock new vehicles, weapons, jobs, clothes, etc. Basically, the rank also stands for your skills. The higher the rank is, the more respect other players show you (in theory at least). You can level-up in several ways.
- Taking part in jobs (the higher your final position is, the more points you get)
- Taking part in missions
- Killing enemies
- Breaking records in races
- Escaping the police (the higher the wanted level, the more points for a successful escape)
- If someone likes one of the jobs you have created with the content creator, you get 1 experience point for every 'like'
- Setting mission difficulty level to Hard grants you 1.5x multiplier to experience gained
- You get extra points for killing the number one player in Deathmatch or the one who is having a killstreak
- You get experience points for earning rewards