In this chapter of the FIFA 21 game guide you will find a description of one of the best formations in the FUT 21 mode (FIFA Ultimate Team) 4-1-2-1-2 (2), any important tactical setups, as well as relevant instructions for footballers playing in specific positions.
Formation 4-1-2-1-2 (2) is made up of 4 defenders, 1 defensive midfielder, 2 centre midfielders, 1 attacking midfielder and 2 strikers. This formation can offer an extremely offensive style of play which often uses through passes to footballers running behind the back of defenders. If you want to play with fast counter-attacks, this formation is definitely for you.
If you want to add a defensive or superdefensive plan to the offensive style of play in formations 4-1-2-1-2 (2), we suggest that you choose formations 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1, which are described on the different pages of this game guide.
Attacking game plan
Because the 4-1-2-1-2 (2) formation is an extremely offensive setting you will always play aggressively. However, this does not mean that your team will not be able to defend itself properly - this can be achieved with the right instructions for players and playing styles.
- Defence playstyle: balanced;
- Width: 6 bars;
- Depth: 4 bars.
- Offensive style: long balls;
- Width: 7 bars;
- Players in box: 5 bars;
- Corners: 1 bars;
- Free kicks: 1 bar.
- Centre defenders: stay back while attacking, normal interceptions;
- Side defenders: stay back while attacking, normal interceptions, mixed attack;
- Centre defensive midfielder: cut passing lines, drop between defenders , normal interceptions, stay central;
- Centre midfielders: balanced attack, balanced crossing runs, normal interceptions, stick to position, cover wing;
- Centre attacking midfielder: stay forward, get into the box for cross, stick to position, normal interceptions;
- Strikers: cover center, mixed attack, normal interceptions, stay forward.