The following is devoted to the topic of Guns for Hire in Far Cry: New Dawn game. Guns for Hire are basically mercenaries / companions who will help you during the exploration of the world and encounters with the enemies. Below you can find the most important information about the guns for hire. You will learn what they can be useful for, what are their skills, where to find them and how to acquire all guns for hire.
- General information
- How to unlock Pastor Jerome?
- Where to find Timber?
- How to unlock Nana?
- How to unlock Horatio?
- How to unlock Hurk Drubman Jr.?
- How to unlock Gina Guerra?
- How to unlock The Judge?
There are eight guns for hire in the game. Access to one of them - Carmina Rye - will be granted to you from the beginning of the game. The rest of the guns for hire must be found and you will need to complete a mission for each one of them for them to join your team. Guns for hire in Far Cry: New Dawn serve several useful purposes and below you can find basic information about this topic:
- You can only travel with one gun for hire at one moment.
- All of the guns for hire have their own unique abilities, unlocked when a given gun kills enemies. For instance, after killing 15 enemies, Carmina Rye gains the ability to throw dynamite.
- A gun for hire will take you to your destination marked on the map, provided you are in the passenger seat of the vehicle.
- You can issue basic orders to the guns for hire - attacking or reaching a target, leaving a place or following you.
- A gun for hire can be incapacitated during combat. You must then reanimate him/her quickly - otherwise the gun will die. It does not mean, however, that you will lose that gun forever - you can revive him/her with the help of specific items (shown in the menu with all of the guns for hire).
- Health and damage done by guns for hire are increased once you upgrade the Training camp in Prosperity.
You do not know how to upgrade Prosperity? Check the "Upgrading base" chapter of this guide.
How to unlock Pastor Jerome?
Pastor Jerome is a berserker capable of throwing Molotov Cocktails and using incendiary ammo. You must start your search for the gun near Prosperity, in the vicinity of The Chop Shop outpost - the location was marked in the above screenshot with a red circle. Once there, the "Jerome Comes Home" mission will initiate - completing it will cause Pastor Jerome to join you as a gun for hire.
Where to find Timber?
A dog named Timber will mark enemies for you, dig up crafting materials and bring weapons from killed enemies. You can find him near the Broken Forge outpost - the exact location was marked in the above screenshot with a red circle. Acquiring Timber is associated with completing the "Man Eat Dog World" mission.
How to unlock Nana?
Nana is a sniper using silencers and killing enemies through covers - she is perfectly suited for quiet elimination of enemies. The location of Nana was marked with a red circle in the above screenshot - it is worth looking for her after acquiring Timber. Acquiring Nana is associated with the "Crow's Feet, Eagles eyes" mission.
How to unlock Horatio?
Horatio is a boar capable of breaking through enemy shields and resistant to knockdowns. You can find him near The Pantry outpost - the exact location was marked with a red circle in the above screenshot. Acquiring Horatio is associated with the "To Love a Boar" mission.
How to unlock Hurk Drubman Jr.?
Hurk Drubman Jr. is an explosives specialist - he uses a rocket launcher and his missiles follow enemy vehicles. You need to head to the Trailer Town outpost to unlock him - the exact location was marked with a red circle in the above screenshot. Once there, you will need to complete the "Days of Blunder" mission - completing it will cause Hurk Drubman Junior to join you as a gun for hire.
How to unlock Gina Guerra?
To unlock Gina Guerra, you will first need to recruit a specialist named Sharky.
Gina Guerra has unlimited supply of ammo and uses incendiary ammo. To unlock Gina Guerra, you need to complete the "Mo' Mommies, Mo' Problems" mission. This mission, however, becomes available only after you have acquired a specialist named Sharky, after completing the "Adventures in Babysitting" mission.
How to unlock The Judge?
The Judge is a silent killer who causes animals to refrain from attacking you - unless you attack them first. The Judge is unlocked once you complete the "Joseph's Secret" mission - one of the story-related missions.