This guide to Far Cry: New Dawn contains descriptions of all the gameplay elements of this game. You can find a walkthrough for every mission. We have included starting tips for beginners, maps with locations of hidden treasures and hunting grounds. The guide also includes information about side activities - fishing or collecting crafting resources.
- Far Cry: New Dawn in a nutshell
- Markings used in the guide
- Starting Tips
- Side activities
- Story missions
- Specialist missions
- Side Missions
- Achievements and trophies
- System requirements
Far Cry: New Dawn in a nutshell
Far Cry: New Dawn is another installment of the popular FPS series by Ubisoft. For the first time in the series' history, the developer has decided to make a direct sequel.
New Dawn takes you back to Hope County known from Far Cry 5 - or to what was left of it. The rest of the land is radioactive. The game takes place seventeen years after Far Cry 5. You play as your own character and your goal is to face twins - Mickey and Lou. They are the leaders of Highwaymen, a group of bandits that have raided the county.
The gameplay in Far Cry: New Dawn is based on the same mechanics as those used in the previous titles from this franchise. The game is an open world FPS. Besides the main missions, Hope County also has various side activities such as capturing supply convoys or treasure hunting.
Of course, the game has a few changes. For the first time in the franchise, players can participate in Expeditions. These missions take place outside Hope County, and our goal is to get supplies from the bandits. In Expeditions, you will visit various places of postapocalyptic America - from an abandoned amusement park in Florida to the Alcatraz prison.
The second new feature of Far Cry: New Dawn is taken from RPGs. Depending on their level, enemies will use different gear and have a varying number of health points. Weapons and vehicles are divided into four levels, too.
Markings used in the guide
Our guide to Far Cry: New Dawn uses color markings to distinguish locations, abilities, and characters. Below you can check what each of the colors means:
- Blue is for locations in the game.
- Bronze is for characters.
- Orange is for perks.
- Green is for items.
- Bold is for names of the quests.
The first chapter focuses on starting tips. Here, you can find various tips for beginners as well as pages dedicated to the game's basic gameplay mechanics. Learn how to hire companions, how to capture outposts, or how to upgrade your base. The page dedicated to crafting can also help you - check it if you want to learn how to craft items and get crafting materials.
- Starting Tips - advice helpful at the beginning of the game.
- Guns for hire - how to get new companions?
- Capturing outposts - how to claim outpost?
- Upgrading the base -what are the objects in Prosperity for?
- Crafting - how to make new items?
The FAQ section serves as a supplement for the starting tips section. We try to answer frequently asked questions and provide you with solutions for any possible problems with the game. How to get perk points, how to open doors and safes, or how to unlock a grappling hook - these are only a few of the questions we have answered in that chapter.
- How to get perk points?
- Which talents should I choose at the beginning?
- Does the game feature microtransactions?
- How to get better weapons?
- How to get better vehicles?
- How to open doors and safes?
- How to unlock a grappling hook?
- How to change your character's appearance?
- How to get ethanol?
- How to increase the equipment storage space?
- How to increase health points?
- How to get crafting materials?
- How to get ammo?
Far Cry: New Dawn features several side activities. Expeditions give you a chance to get a lot of resources. Capture enemy trucks and deliver them to captured outposts to get ethanol. You can also check out fishing and hunting. The game also lets players to hunt for hidden treasures.
- Expeditions - how do they look like and what do they give you?
- Hidden treasures - how to find hidden treasures?
- Hunting - which animals are worth hunting?
- Supply trucks - how to capture trucks transporting ethanol?
- Fishing - a fisherman's guide.
This chapter contains locations of the most important places in the game. Here, you can learn where you can look for outposts and hidden treasures. You will also find places presented in the photos that are part of A Thousand Words quest. The maps with animals and fish will show you the best places for getting skins and fish.
- Hidden treasures
- Places from the photos
- Music players
- Animals and fish
- Predators and large animals
This detailed walkthrough will help you complete all main missions in Far Cry: New Dawn. The walkthrough also features numerous pictures.
- Crawling from the Wreckage
- Find Hope
- Gear Up
- Upgrade Prosperity
- Losing Streak
- Buzz Kill
- The Great Escape
- Adventures in Babysitting
- Deep Dive
Specialist missions are a special group of story quests. The goal of these missions is to recruit people who can use their skills to make Prosperity a better place. All Specialist missions are available from the beginning of the game - you can do them in any order and whenever you want.
Far Cry: New Dawn also offers players a few side missions. Usually, they are related to various collectibles - hidden treasures or places presented on photos. Our walkthroughs will help you discover all the secrets.
- A Thousand Words
- Crow's Feet, Eagle's Eyes
- Man Eat Dog World
- Jerome Comes Home
- To Love a Boar and Days of Blunder
- Mo' Mommies, Mo' Problems
Achievements and trophies
This chapters contains the list of all achievements/trophies available in Far Cry: New Dawn. Some of them are challenging - our descriptions will help you get them. Check this list to learn how to complete Far Cry: New Dawn in 100%?
Below you can find system requirements for Far Cry: New Dawn.
Far Cry New Dawn minimum system requirements
- CPU: Intel Core i5-2400 3.1 GHz / AMD FX-6350 3.9 GHz
- GPU: GeForce GTX 670 / Radeon R9 270X
- RAM: 8 GB
- HDD space: 30 GB
- OS: Windows 7/8/10 64-bit
Far Cry: New Dawn recommended system requirements
- CPU: Intel Core i7-4790 3.6 GHz / AMD Ryzen 5 1600 3.2 GHz
- GPU: GeForce GTX 970 / Radeon R9 290X
- RAM: 8 GB
- HDD space: 30 GB
- OS: Windows 7/8/10 64-bit
About Far Cry New Dawn Guide
Author : Agnieszka "aadamus" Adamus & Radoslaw "Wacha" Wasik for gamepressure.com
Translator : Mateusz "Ictius" Sawka
Use the comments below to submit your updates and corrections to this guide.
Far Cry: New Dawn Video Game
- genre: Action
- developer: Ubisoft
- publisher: Ubisoft
- platform: PC, PS4, XONE