On this page of the Elden Ring guide, you will learn how to defeat the Draconic Tree Sentinel. You will learn how to fight the boss and which attacks you need to watch out for. Additionally, you will read about the potential rewards and find out the boss's location.
The boss is in the Altus Plateau, in front of the bridge that leads to Leyndell, Royal Capital.
Reward for defeating
For defeating the Draconic Tree Sentinel, you will receive the Dragon Greatclaw weapon, the Dragonclaw Shield and 50,000 Runes.
- In some respects, this boss fights similar to the regular Tree Sentinel. However, he has a set of unique attacks, such as summoning lightning or throwing fireballs.
- This boss is susceptible to scarlet rot and poison. However, he has increased resistance to hemorrhage and frostbite.
- When you start healing yourself, the boss will immediately begin casting a fireball. Whenever you need to heal, do it far away from the boss.
- You can use summons and your mount during the fight.
- When the boss raises his shield in the second stage, he will summon lightning above you. You can avoid it by dodging to the side. The lightning will strike as soon as his shield begins to descend.
- The Draconic Tree Sentinel can perform a double shield strike, so be prepared to dodge the second attack after dodging the first one.
How to defeat?
Before you begin this fight, consider using incantations or items that apply scarlet rot. This will allow you to inflict the boss with a powerful poison, which will damage him each second.
You can also use your mount to fight on horseback. However, if you find it difficult to fight using your mount, it's not required to defeat the boss. Still, it makes it easier to manage the distance between your character and the boss. Moreover, it's much easier to dodge his physical attacks this way.
While the first stage is very similar to the regular Tree Sentinel, the second stage adds new, dangerous attacks. Among other things, the fire projectile might cause you some problems. He's most likely to use it when you are in long or medium range. You can avoid it by jumping on your mount or by dodging to the side.
The biggest problem, however, may be red lightning, which he will spam constantly. As soon as he lowers his shield or weapon, start dodging to the side. You might still take some damage if you dodge forward.
Make use of air attacks a lot. They make it easier to stun the boss. You should also stick to his right side (by his shield). This will provoke him to use attacks involving his shield, which are easier to dodge.