On this page of the Elden Ring guide, you will learn how to defeat the Fallingstar Beast boss, which can be found in three locations in the game: Caelid, Altus Plateau and Mt. Gelmir.
Fallingstar Beast - Caelid:
The first boss of this type is in Caelid, more specifically in the Sellia Crystal Tunnel.
Fallingstar Beast - Altus Plateau:
The second boss of this type is in the Altus Plateau.
Full-Grown Fallingstar Beast - Mt. Gelmir:
The final version of this boss can be found atop Mt. Gelmir, close to the Ninth Mt. Gelmir Campsite site of grace.
Reward for defeating
For defeating the boss in Caelid, you will receive 7600 Runes, the Somberstone Miner's Bell Bearing , Gravity Stone Chunk x10, Somber Smithing Stone  and Smithing Stone  x5.
If you kill the boss in the Altus Plateau, you will receive Somber Smithing Stone , Smithing Stone  x5, Gravity Stone Chunk x10 and Gravity Stone Fan x10.
However, if you manage to defeat the Full-Grown Fallingstar Beast, which resides on Mt. Gelmir, you will receive Somber Smithing Stone , Smithing Stone  x5 and Fallingstar Beast Jaw.
- While fighting the versions of the boss located in the Altus Plateau and on Mt. Gelmir, you can ride your mount. This makes the fight much easier.
- However, during the battle in Caelid, your mount won't be able to help you. What's more, the arena is very small and the boss will charge at you right away. For this reason, in this particular fight, use spirit ashes only once the boss stops charging.
- Each version of the boss can use gravitas magic. Watch out for stones and large gravity fields that will either push or pull you away.
- This beast can create stone spikes under you three times. When you see the spikes slowly form beneath you and the boss starts rocking its head, run to the side. The third spike is the largest, so you may need to dodge or jump to fully avoid the attack.
- The boss will charge at you very often. This charge is linear, although once it misses it, it will repeat it several times, so be prepared to dodge.
- You should consider using spirit jellyfish ashes. This is mainly due to the fact that this summon is especially durable and can distract the boss from a significant distance, which is crucial in this fight.
- The Fallingstar Beast is immune to all imposed statuses, such as hemorrhage or frostbite.
How to defeat?
Before entering the boss arena, use all of your available buffs. When you enter the arena, you won't even have the chance to use them, because the boss will start charging towards you right away, so be ready to dodge.
Only when you avoid its attack and are at a considerable distance from it, use the jellyfish summon. It will help you by distracting the boss, thus making the battle much easier.
In addition to the linear charge, which it uses several times, the boss can stick its head into the ground, then launch a few boulders at you. When this occurs, either keep a good distance from it or go behind the beast's back. Also, watch out for the gravity field it creates over a very large area. It will turn the ground purple. Leave the circle to avoid getting hurt.
When playing as a mage, it's a good idea to equip spells that hit multiple targets. Rykard's Rancor is a very good choice in this fight, considering that the boss tends to stand still quite often while using gravitas magic. This spell will hit it multiple times and you can also use it immediately after casting the first spell, quickly dealing a massive burst of damage.