Memories of the Grey Dragon Age: Inquisition Guide
Last update: Wednesday, May 11, 2016
Way to unlock: Meet with Blackwall.
Quest giver: Blackwall (M2,10)
You receive this quest only after you have recruited Blackwall so, after you have completed The Lone Warden side quest. Return to Haven and find Blackwall - he is staying near the local blacksmith's place (M2,10). Start a conversation with Blackwall and raise the topic of the "missing" Grey Wardens. As a result, you receive this quest which is connected with finding artifacts that have been left by the members of the Wardens. In total, there are ten artifacts that you need to find - two of them are in Hinterlands, in Western Approach, Emprise du Lion, Fallow Mire and The Storm Coast. You can travel to the abovementioned locations in any order you want.
Note - if you have failed to complete this quest at the beginning of the game, it is also available after you reach Skyhold.
In Hinterlands, you can find the artifacts in the following locations:
- Griffon Feather is in the Western woods, right next to one of the campsites (M3,16a)
- Maps of the Deep Roads have been hidden in Calenhad's Foothold at the lakeside near one of the campsites (M3,16b)
In The Storm Coast, you can find the artifacts in the following locations:
- Grey Warden Treaties have been hidden in the central part of the map, near one of astraries (M5,5a)
- Warden-Commander's Badge has been hidden in the cottage in the Southern part of the map, close to one of the campsites (M5,5b)
In The Fallow Mire, you can find the artifacts in the following locations:
- Grey Warden Tome has been hidden in the room above the main gate into the Hargrave Keep that is located in the South-Western part of Mire (M9,1a). After you enter the keep, you need to take the stairs to the walls of the keep and eliminate the possible opponents along your path. Your destination is the locked door shown in the above screenshot. It can only be opened by the rogue and only if he has the Deft Hands, Fine Tools inquisition perk. After you open the door, find the artifact.
- Grey Warden Banner is in the Hargrave Keep, located where you duel with Hand of Korth (M9,1b).
In The Western Approach, you can find the artifacts in the following locations:
- Vial of Archdemon Blood is in Echoback Fort, located in the Northern part of the map (M19,10a). You first need to gain access to the canyon with the fort, which you do by completing "The Trouble with Darkspawn" side quest. After you reach the fort, kill out all the cultists and look for the artifact on a wooden table.
- Grey Warden Sword has been hidden in the South-Western part of the map, i.e. where there is one of the Rifts (M19,10b). Kill the monsters and seal the Rift. Then, climb onto the wooden structure shown in the above screenshot. The artifact is on the very top.
In Emprise du Lion, both of the artifacts are in Vlaeska's Watch in the northern part of the map (M15,16a). The structure has been shown in the above screenshot and you can start the exploration of the watch only after you have found the key in the "Vlaeska's Keep" side quest. In the watch, you find:
- Joining Chalice - this artifact is in the big hall of the watch, where you fight ghulams and the first alpha hurloc, among others (M15,15a)
- Grey Warden Armor - this artifact is in the Westernmost pa part of the watch, where you bump into the second alpha hurloc (M15,15b)
Fir finding the artifacts, you will be reward with Blackwall's favor. If you have him on the party, this improvement in relations occurs automatically. Otherwise, you will have to return to him, during your stays in Haven to hand the artifacts over to him.
Rewards for completing the quest:
- Experience (little)
- 80 Influence points