Way to unlock: Meet with Varric.
The quest-giver: Varric (M2,6)
This quest becomes available after you meet with Varric in the central part of Haven (M2,6). While talking to the dwarf, it is necessary that you mention red lyrium, thanks to which you receive this quest., concerned with locating and destroying stashes of lyrium.
Note - If you have not started this quest at the beginning of the game, it is also available after you reach the Skyhold.
Note - This quest is considered as completed after you destroy twelve stashes of lyrium. There are more of them, in the game (eighteen, in total) so, it is not necessary that you find each of them. Personally, I recommend that you locate all of them, thanks to which you improve on your relations with Varric to the maximum extent.
You can reach lyrium deposits in any order you want. After locating it, switch to any warrior and interact with deposit in order to destroy it.
In Hinterlands there are the following deposits:
- The first one is in Fort Connor, in the central part of Hinterlands (M3,2a). after you enter the fort, you need to deal with the Templars inside.
- The second deposit is inside the cave located in the South-Eastern corner of Hinterlands (M3,2b). You explore this cave during the Stone Dreams quest. The entrance to the cave is blocked off by an ice barrier and you need to bring it down with fire attacks. After you cut through, deal with the group of demons.
- The third deposit is in the North-Eastern part of Hinterlands (M3,2c). You need to watch put, on your path there, because around, there is a den of a huge dragon and you also run into a group of Dragonlings.
In The Western Approach you can find following deposits:
- The first deposit in the mine can be found in the center part of the map (M19,6a). There are some spiders in the cave, you will have to eliminate in the first place. The mine containing the deposit can be entered from the north.
- The second deposit, also located in the mine (M19,6b), not far from the latest seam. You will have to enter the mine from south this time.
- The last deposit lies in a camp on southern area of the map (M19,6c). You should not have any problems with finding it, just beware the local bandits.
In Emprise du Lion there are the following stashes:
- The first stash is in the North-Western part of Emprise du Lion (M15,8a). These are the small ruins with Red Templars stationed nearby (you do not need to attack them).
- Te second stash is also in the North-Western part of the map (M15,8b). You can find it near the path Southwards.
- The third stash is within a short distance, Eastwards, of the second one (M15,8c). It is the encampment of the Red Templars, which it is best to eliminate first. .
- The fourth stash is in the Northern part of the map, close to one of the rifts to seal (M15,8d). After you have neutralized the problem of the rift, find the entrance to a small cave.
- The fifth stash is in the Southern part of the map (M15,8e). Just like in the case of the third stash, deal first with the Red Templars. The stash is under one of the wooden structures.
In The Storm Coast, there are four stashes and you will be able to reach them only after you have unlocked the Red Water side quest. This is so, because you first need to gain access to the complex of caves in the North-Western part of the map. You find each of the stashes thanks to the exploration of the caves (M5,10b)(M5,10c)(M5,10d)(M5,10e).
In Emerald Graves there are the following stashes:
- The first stash is in the dungeon in the South-Eastern part of the Emerald Graves (M17,9a).
- The second stash is in the central part of the map, close to the entrance to Villa Maurel (M17,9b).
- The third stash is on forest grounds, in the Northern part of the Emerald Graves (M17,9c).
Rewards for completing the quest:
- Experience (lots)
- 200 Influence Points
- 2 Power points