This page of our guide to Doom Eternal explains how to increase your hero's stats and which attributes should be increased first. Regular increase of Doom Slayer stats, can significantly increase your chances of survival and make it easier for you to fight harder fights with your opponents.
As a reminder, you can increase your character's stats by using the Sentinel Crystals found in the game world. The exception is the first crystal that you will find in the Fortress of Doom (hub in the game) after completing mission 1.
Sentinel Crystals are one of the collectibles and as a result, you can find more information about them in the Secrets section of our guide.
Each Sentinel Crystal is a disposable item. Once you have found the crystal, you can choose one of the passive upgrades and permanently increase your health, armor or ammunition. Information about which attribute can be increased is displayed in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Choose health to increase the maximum value of health points of your hero. You can have a maximum of 200 health points.
- Choose armor to increase the maximum value of armor that protects you against enemy attacks. You can have a maximum of 150 armor points.
- Selecting ammo allows you to carry more of it in your inventory. So you need to replenish your supplies less often, and you can continue to attack demons with the same weapon.
When selecting an enhancement, pay more attention to what attribute it is associated with. Unlocking two upgrades from the same group allows you to gain a new passive ability, but it is still more important to quickly develop the most important statistics.
Our recommendations are the following:
- Purchase 2-3 health improvements as early as possible and 2 armor upgrades. It's very important to increase the maximum value of health points and armor of your hero. This will allow you to take part in larger battles with a reduced risk of sudden death. We suggest to focus a little more on extending the health bar, as not every battle allows you to comfortably renew your lost armor points.
- After doing the above, purchase 1-2 ammo upgrades. Don't ignore the ammo upgrades as they are also very important. By default, the hero can have a very limited amount of ammo it in his inventory, and it's worth to increase this stat a bit.
- Buy subsequent upgrades according to your preferences. If you still die often after such improvements, then try to upgrade your health bar to the maximum. If you use weapons that consume huge amounts of ammunition, allocate an additional point to increase the ammunition limit.