In Doom Eternal, you will find a lot of different and interesting skills like Dash, Blood Punch and Flame Belch. Some of them will enhance your ability to move, while others may help you in combat. Each unlocked skill will make it easier for you to complete the next stages of the game.
How to unlock - you will get this skill during the second story mission.
How to use - use this skill to quickly move away from the enemy or any threat. In addition, Dash will be useful when you have to jump through difficult stages.
This ability has limited uses. You can only perform two Dashes on the flow, then you have to wait until the skill will regenerate.
Most levels in Doom Eternal require lots of dexterity and accuracy. You have to learn how to use the dash ability, double jumps, swinging poles, jumping platforms or climbing walls. These abilities and objects are not only useful during terrain exploration - you also need to master them in order to complete some levels of the story campaign.
Mastering all exploration skills will be useful in Urdak mission. We have described this level in detail in our walkthrough of the story campaign. This will make it easier for you to complete this particular level.
In addition, you can upgrade your armor and add some modifications:
Grappler - thanks to this upgrade, the hero can climb on the ledges more efficiently and grab swing-poles more quickly.
Runes will also make it easier for you to control your movement skills:
- Seek and Destroy - reduces the distance at which you can perform Glory Kills;
- Blood Fueled - after performing a Glory Kill, you will run faster;
- Air Control - increases movement control when moving through the air;
- Saving Throw - when you survive the fatal blow, time will slow down for a while;
- Chrono Strike - hold the aiming button on the fly to temporarily slow down time;
How to unlock - you will obtain this ability at the beginning of the first level.
How to use - a powerful strike that deals additional damage in melee combat. You must perform Glory Kills if you want to use it.
- Blood Punch is an excellent feature to eliminate enemies. It develops automatically, as you kill more bosses. This allows you to feel the difference at the beginning and end of the game.
- The Blood Punch works well to knock your opponents out of balance and stun them;
- Bloody Punch can also destroy enemy shields of such opponents like Arch-vile.
- The Punch and Reave rune has a useful effect - enemies killed by a Blood Punch drop health.
How to unlock - complete the first level to acquire this weapon.
How to use - this flamethrower (Flame Belch) allows you to set your opponents on fire. Scorch all enemies with this unique weapon to get additional armor shards.
Flame Belch is perfect in difficult and troublesome situations. If you're fighting a heavy opponent you can set it on fire in order to regenerate part of your armor. This mechanics can often save your life.