This page of the Days Gone game guide will explain to you how to get in possession of a suppressor and how to mount a suppressor on a given weapon. Using a silencer is very helpful in situations where you want to eliminate enemies without alerting the whole area.
- How to acquire a suppressor?
- How to attach a suppressor?
- Additional remarks on the use of suppressors
How to acquire a suppressor?
There are two main ways to get a suppressor. The first method is to search the engine compartment of a parked car. In most cases, this action allows you to find pieces of scrap, but sometimes the hero may be able to find a part that will effectively serve as a silencer.
The second method is to buy a suppressor from a merchant in one of the encampments. These are usually very cheap items (several dozen credits), but in order to unlock suppressors in a given merchant's store, it may be necessary to advance to a certain trust level.
As a reminder, you can earn positive trust points by completing missions in the region "belonging" to a specific encampment, and by supplying it with, e.g. herbs, animal meat, or Freaker Ears.
How to attach a suppressor?
Hold the L1 button so that the Survival Wheel appears on the screen. Choose the type of weapon you want and press R1 to attach the suppressor. You can also take it off at any point in time if, e.g. you do not need it in a given battle.
Additional remarks on the use of suppressors
- Suppressors come in three varieties - for main weapons, for sidearms, and for the special weapons. The game will not allow you to install a silencer, e.g. on a shotgun or on a crossbow.
- Each suppressor has limited durability, which decreases with each shot fired. It is worth looking around for a new silencer when the durability of the current device drops below 10-20%. Otherwise, you may be (rather unpleasantly) surprised, when one of your shots will suddenly alert the entire area.