Provisions in the courtyard function differently from the other areas. Some of them can’t be used to interact with Curios and are mainly used to counter negative effects. There’s also no point to bring Skeleton Keys here – there are no locked boxes to use them on. Torches can’t be used to increase the light level, but they are used to interact with various Curios and to increase the accuracy of the entire party. Food is extremely important here – ventures to the Courtyard are long and you don’t want to run out of it.
When entering this area, you should take:
- As much food as possible – up to 36 units. Try to collect any additional food while you’re in the dungeon – the area is huge and you will use the 36 units fairly quickly.
- As many torches as you can – those are used to interact with Curios and can increase the accuracy of your team.
- 6x Bandages – the enemies can easily inflict Bleed, which the Bandages can help against. Those are also used to interact with one of the Curios.
- 6x Shovels – used to interact with Curios and destroy obstacles. If you’re not interested in in Curios, you should take at least 3-4 – you don’t want to run out of them when an obstacle blocks your way.
- 1-2x Holy Water – used to interact with one Curio to decrease stress level of the hero. There’s no point in bringing more to increase the resistances of your heroes – sooner or later they are going to be inflicted with the Crimson Curse. When that happens, don’t even think about using it on them!
- 3-4x Medicinal Herbs – you can use them to get rid of powerful debuffs used by enemies.
- 3-4x Antivenom – used to counter the effects of Blight.
- The Blood – take as many vials as possible. Unused vials will be returned to your stock when leaving the courtyard – they won’t be sold like the rest of the provisions. The Blood can be used to interact with numerous Curios and will allow you to keep your cursed heroes alive and effective.
You will venture to this area rarely, once every 10-15 missions, which is why you should take as many provisions as possible. Excessive items can be dropped to collect valuable trinkets.