In this part of the guide you will find a list of all Curses and ways to unlock them. We also describe how they work and suggest which are the most effective.
How do Curses work?
Curses are special attacks that you can use during crusades. In order to activate them, you need Fervour, which you acquire after defeating enemies or from random chests.
After starting the crusade, you will always receive one random Curse. You don't have any influence on its type, but there is a chance that you will gain the ability to swap powers for another during exploration.
Depending on the way it works, Curses can be divided into 5 types:
- Fireballs - fire projectiles that deal damage and impose status effects on enemies.
- Tentacles - from the ground grow tentacles that injure opponents, sometimes in several directions, and can cause additional negative effects.
- Blasts - explosions that cause area damage and impose negative effects on enemies or positive effects on your character.
- Slashes - Cuts deal damage depending on the level of attack charge.
- Splatters - splashes that cause a substance to appear on the ground that poisons enemies. To use this type of curse, aim by holding down the button responsible for activating the Curse and selecting the appropriate area.
How to unlock Curses?
At the beginning of the game, you will have access to 10 Curses, but as your cult grows, you will gain access to 15 more. You will unlock them on the development tree after gaining enough Faith points. after completing the Sermon at the Temple.
- Flaming Shot - fires a single projectile at the enemy passing damage.
- Cleansing Fire - works like the Flaming Shot, except that it fires a total of 3 bullets.
- Hound of Fate - fires several missiles that automatically target nearby enemies. The curse works well when fighting larger groups of enemies.
- Strike of the Crown - projectile, in addition to inflicting damage, can also possess the enemy, who will fight on your side for some time.
- Trail Blazed - fires 2 projectiles in opposite directions.
- Divine Blast - An explosion that inflicts damage and repels enemies for a short distance.
- Divine Guardian - this curse surrounds your character with a protective shield, making you invulnerable to any damage for 2 seconds. In addition, the shield deflects bullets that, if properly directed, can injure enemies. An excellent option both in critical situations when you need to retreat to a safe area and when planning more offensive plays.
- Divine Blizzard - Repels opponents a short distance and freezes them for a short time. A good solution when you are cornered by opponents and need a moment to move away to a safer place on the board.
- Divine Blight - Repels and poisons enemies.
- Divine Force - A curse that causes enemies to be locked in place for a short time.
- Death Sweep - A directional attack that deals high damage, which can be increased by charging a curse. To do this, hold down the button responsible for using Curse and release it after charging. It is worth remembering that the attack range will allow you to keep your distance between enemies, which can sometimes be very useful, especially during skirmishes with bosses.
- Oath of the Crown - A very powerful attack that, in addition to damage, can lead to the possession of enemies. These will become your companions in the battle for a while.
- Death's Squall - A strong directional blow that has the chance to additionally freeze hit opponents.
- Death's Attendant - An attack that, in addition to damage, can summon the spirits of fallen enemies. The phantoms search for the nearest opponent and inflict wounds.
- Death's Disregard - A blow that, in addition to inflicting damage, deflects incoming projectiles.
- Touch of Turua - tentacles appear in a straight line to deal damage to enemies.
- Maelstorm - The tentacles appear in four directions in straight lines, inflicting wounds on all enemies in the area of operation. In terms of reach and number of potential victims, this is one of the best curses available.
- Touch of Ithaqua - Instead of tentacles, ice spikes appear, which, in addition to damage, freeze opponents.
- Touch of Revenant - Several ghosts emerge from the ground, automatically targeting nearby enemies and dealing damage to them. The curse works great both when fighting more numerous, weaker enemies and during boss skirmishes, where you can concentrate your entire attack on one enemy.
- Passage of Mariner - Tentacles grow out of the ground, injuring even very distant enemies.
- Ichor Thrown - projectile that leaves a black ooze that poisons enemies upon contact with it.
- Point of Corruption - works similarly to Ichor Thrown, except that upon contact with the ground it causes an explosion that deals damage to enemies.
- Path of Righteus - The curse leaves a long trail of substance that poisons enemies. It works perfectly as a trap into which enemies can be drawn to poison as many opponents as possible.
- Call of the Crown - A projectile that causes the possession of hit opponents. They will fight on your side for a while.
- Ichor by Consuming - projectile that leaves a poisonous ooze that spreads to more areas over time.